𝐎𝐍𝐄.

★

"BITCH! HURRY UP!" XYAH'S friend, Amira, yelled at her from the bottom of the stairs.

Xyah looked in the mirror, looking over her cute, grey skims dress for what felt like the hundredth time. Xyah grabbed her white Telfar and rushed down the stairs.

"Finally, I thought I told yo ass to be ready by nine." She groaned loudly as the two made their way outside.

"You wanted me to get dressed two hours in advanced, who does that?" Xyah comment, cutting her eyes at her friend.

"Someone who knows that you take your sweet ass time!" Amira crossed her arms, "We was supposed to be at the function hours ago."

Xyah was interrupted by a wave of screams coming from the driveway. She saw her two other friends, Soriyah and Jade. Both of them hanging out of the car windows, Soriyah with a casamigos bottle in hand and Jade dangling a ziplock bag of rolled blunts in the air while a lit one sat between her lips.

"Come on bitch! We finna get fucked upp!" Jade celebrated, Soriyah quickly following up with more yells and whoops as she takes a shot straight from the liquor bottle, almost falling back out of the car before subtly catching herself. Xyah and Amira quickly get into the backseat while Soriyah begins blasting music through the aux, rotating blunts and alcohol between the four of them.

Arriving at the party, the girls were already tipsy and extremely high. Empty cups and trash were scattered across the front yard along with a few people sprawled out in the grass. Walking towards the front door, music can easily be heard blasting from outside. Inside the girls were met with the strong smell of alcohol, weed, and body odor. The house was dark but Xyah was still able to somewhat see the people around her due to the flashing LED lights. The group pushed through the dense crowd where they finally found more drinks, filling their cups up to the fullest extent and making their way right back into the crowd.

They had danced for hours, the party even more packed than when they'd first arrived. Xyah easily forgotten how much she'd had drank and to be honest, couldn't really care less as she continued drinking more as her perception grew wearier by the minute. Xyah began looking around the crowd desperately for her friends but was unable to see them in the middle of all the people gathered in the living room. Her eyes then shifted to the stairs.

'Maybe I can just wait in a room until everything dies down.' She contemplated.

Xyah squeezed through the large mass and wobbled up the stairs. There were a few people upstairs, some waiting for the bathroom while others stand around socializing but she was still unable to recognize any of those people. The young girl walked into the first room she saw, slowly opening the door and peaking through the crack to make sure nobody was there. A wave of relief washed over her body when she was confronted with an empty room. Xyah scurried over to the bed and sprawled out on it, she hadn't realized how drunk she was until laying down, feeling the room spin quickly around her. She just laid there, waiting for that intense feeling of intoxication to leave her body. Closing her eyes, she felt herself fall into a familiar state of weariness where she just let go and allowed her body to rest.

"Yoo, you good in here?"

------

𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭? 𝐕𝐨𝐭𝐞, 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐞!