Chapter Fifteen

————

Chapter warning(s): Violence, gun violence, hinting at death, anxiety attack.

And suddenly, everything falls.

————

To be fair, you did consider his warning. You really did. Because as much as you didn't admit it, you knew that the boys were always serious when it came to safety. They were from that world that they knew what they were talking about.

"7:45pm." You looked at your clock with a sigh. You looked at your reflection, making sure your makeup was okay and that your hair was in place. Reaching into your jewellery box, you took the diamond earrings that your father gave you and put them on.

"Come here, Kookie." Catching the rabbit, you put him back into his cage and filled up his food and water bowls.

"Be good." You stroked his head.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

"Coming." Turning off your room lights and grabbing your clutch, you went to the door and opened it. The unfamiliar, suited male stood opposite you. He gave a deep bow.

"Good evening, miss. I am here to walk you down. Your parents are waiting in the car for you." He introduced.

"Hello. Just let me wear my shoes." You slipped on your shoes and he gestured for you to step out. You made sure your door was locked before walking with him. Right in front of the apartment building, you saw a limousine. The chauffeur bowed and opened the door for you, revealing your parents sitting inside. You bowed your head and entered.

"Omma, appa. Good evening." You greeted as you slid in. The door being closed behind you. They both hummed, looking at their phones.

"Your dress looks nice." Your mother finally looked up at you. You nodded your head, not used to compliments from them. You picked out a long maroon dress with a flowy skirt and a fitting bodice.

"Thank you. I've never worn maroon before." Your fingers fiddled with the skirt.

"It looks good on you." She gave a small smile.

"You're still wearing the earrings I got you? I'm surprised you still have them." Your father spoke.

"Of course I still have them. It's one of the first expensive gifts you gave me, I'll never get rid of them." You said. He nodded his head slowly before turning to look out the window.

"You're not wearing that nice bracelet anymore. The one with the pink diamond?" Your mother brought up. You stiffened at her statement, knowing she was referring to the very bracelet you had returned to the boys. You were surprised that she noticed it.

"Ah, it was just a gift from my old bosses. I returned it since I'm not working for them anymore. Felt too expensive to keep." You lied.

"They will be there." Your father informed.

"Will they? I thought it was strictly political." Yet another lie.

"Well, it is a little but they are still highly influential businessmen. That directly involved them in politics. Actually, the event is being held at one of their places of business, the ballroom." He said.

"I see..." You stared at your skirt, nodding your head slowly. You already knew all this prior but you wish you didn't.

"We're here." Your mother said, a slight excitement in her voice as the car came to a stop. There was a red carpet and some press outside. Before exiting, your father cast you a knowing look and you gave a nod. You didn't need to be told anymore what to say and what not to say in the event the press pull you away for an interview.