Chapter One

————

Your life is busy now. You try your best to keep it that way, you know you need to keep your mind off things, you need to move on.

————

"Today, a fire broke out at a recreation centre in downtown Seoul. Investigators and fire experts are still trying to find the cause of the fire that spread so quickly. Police and paramedics are positive that they have gotten every civilian out of there-"

You turned away from the television, looking out the window, where you sat on the sill. The city of Seoul bustled below you despite the events that happened and the time that it was.

"(y/n)." Someone called and you turned your head.

"Good work today. I heard nothing but praises on how well you led the emergency team." Your mother said.

"Thanks, omma." You gave a nod of your head and pursed your lips into a fine line, standing up from the window sill with your half finished canned coffee in your hand. Going up to her, you pulled her into a hug.

"When are you returning to the surgical department?" She asked when you pulled away.

"I don't know..." You shrugged, looking away.

"It's a waste of your talent, (y/n). You're a skilled surgeon and you will only continue to improve. You're wasting it all by staying in the emergency department. You know you will take over my position when I retire." She lectured. You just nodded your head with a hum, frankly so mentally drained that you couldn't even hold a proper conversation with her.

"Anyway, why are you still here? The others have already gone home hours ago." She frowned. Once again, you shrugged.

"Go home." Your mother said before leaving you alone in the break room. You watched her retreat and close the door, lifting the coffee can to your mouth to finish it off.

"Time to go home, I guess." You tossed the empty can and walked out. You tucked your hands into your pockets as you walked to the doctors' office.

"Sunbae, you're still here!" The nervous male stood up quickly and bowed to you.

"I'm just heading out. What are you still doing here? It's been a long day, go home." You clicked your tongue as you headed to your locker to grab your bag and hang your coat up.

"I was just reading the reports from the cases we worked on today. There was a lot to learn, especially from you, so I thought I'd make some quick notes to use in the future." He smiled excitedly with a bow. Medical interns were always so enthusiastic when speaking to their seniors.

"Right... Well, don't stay too late." You nodded your head awkwardly and headed out as he bowed deeply to you as a goodbye.

"Good job today!" The nurses that saw you walking past bowed to you respectfully with smiles.

"You guys did a lot too. I'm going home while you have to stay and continue working, thank you. Make sure not to overwork yourselves, okay?" You chuckled and they nodded their heads.

"Thank you! Have a nice night." They wished as they waved to you. You were known in the hospital for being one of the doctors that actually respected and appreciated nurses. Although, it still baffled you as to why doctors felt the need to treat nurses badly in the first place. They needed to get off their high horse and just appreciate the work of others.

*RINGGGGG*

"My baby." You smiled as you answered the phone, pressing it against your ear with your shoulder as you unlock your car.