Chapter Eight

————

At the end of the day, as much as you hate to admit it, you still craved their comfort. However, it brings back the memory you wish to keep suppressed.

————

Jungkook was recovering well. Because of that, you were able to live back home with Kookie and you could start working at the emergency room when Jungkook didn't need to be sent for checks or tests.

"We will send your father up to be warded in respiratory." You told the patient as the nurses wheeled her father upstairs.

"Thank you so much, doctor." She sniffled and bowed deeply before her husband guided her away. They had brought their elderly father in and it turns out, he had pneumonia and needed to be warded until his lungs were clear and the infection was gone.

"A lot of elderly cases nowadays." You said to your colleague.

"Yeah... I just got another cardiac arrest case. She didn't make it." She sighed with a shake of her head. You patted her shoulder in comfort before signing the file and indicating it to be handed to respiratory.

"Dr (y/l/n), the blood work and scans for that patient that had blood in his vomit." The nurse handed the file to you.

"Thanks." You received it and flipped through the results.

"Blood work, clean. Oh... rupture of stomach ulcers." You held the film up to the light to see if better. The first thing you did was call the gastrointestinal department.

"Yeah... No, I definitely see it on the scans... I have put him on blood transfusion since he showed signs of anaemia from the blood loss... Okay, I'll send him up." You spoke to the doctor there before hanging up. Passing a note to the nurse to get the patient ready for transportation, you first went into his ward, where his family was waiting with him.

"It seems that your husband's stomach ulcer has ruptured. Which caused some internal bleeding. That explains the throwing up of blood, blood in his stools and his anaemia signs." You informed.

"Oh no... But he's been taking medication daily."

"I understand but considering he is on treatment for a relapsed ulcer. It can happen. I've contacted gastrointestinal and we will move your husband up." You said.

"Do we go now?" She asked.

"Yes. We'll keep him on transfusion and they'll take over the treatment from here. You can go up with him." You nodded to the nurse.

"Right this way, madam." The nurse began to unplug all the machinery, leaving only the blood transfusion bag on the IV hook. The lady bowed again before rushing out to follow her husband.

"So, how's the VIP patient that you've been caring for?" Your other doctors asked you as you sat down in front of the computer.

"You said it yourself, he's a VIP. I can't discuss his condition but I guess he's recovering. They're unnecessarily private. Didn't even let a shadowing student in with me. I just told Jaehyun to find another doctor to shadow in the meantime." You said briefly while rolling your eyes.

"Wow, talk about up tight."

"I guess when you're big donors to the hospital, you have more rights and privileges than others." You shrugged.

"That's unfair. Besides, I heard the medical students talking. This Jaehyun kid seems to really take to you, idolise you even. Looks like you've got a number one fan, (y/n)." He chuckled.

"Oh, please. He's eager to know me because he knows my mum favours him. Wait until he finds out my mum and I aren't even on good terms." You laughed.

"Your parents do know people in high places."