Chapter Three

————

Chapter warning(s): Poor doc kind of has a mini anxiety attack.

There seems to be a mystery patient that appreciates your work a little too much. At the same time, people from the past seem to be infiltrating your workspace, which isn't a good thing.

————

After that weekend with Jisung, you got busy. Well, busier than usual. You were on your feet, running around the ER the entire day, not even having time to drink water and sit down to catch your breath. As much as you liked being in the ER, you were also grateful when your supervisor came to find you.

"Hey, I'm really short on doctors at the day clinics. Can you spare anyone? Or yourself?" She asked.

"Which clinic? You know I can only do orthopaedics and cardiology." You asked as you keyed in the newest update to the profile of the patient you just saw. You were already tired from running around the whole morning.

"Lucky you, I need both. Take your pick." She chuckled.

"You guys seriously need to start hiring more people... I think I can only spare myself. The others all have shadowing students today." You sighed.

"What will it be?"

"I'll take ortho. But I need to sign these release papers first. Then I'll be right up." You submitted the report.

"Of course, thank you! You're a life saver." She giggled and you hugged her before she ran back upstairs. Standing at the nurses' station, you took the stack of files and began to sign them off. You were either sending patients home, sending them to another department for further testing or sending them to be warded.

"Day clinics need me so I'm gonna go. If there's anything that you need, just beep me. You're in charge, delegate the tasks, see if any of the residents can lead in small cases." You told your team.

"Yes, Dr (y/l/n)." They bowed their heads and you nodded with a wave, gathering your things.

"I'll leave them to you. Thanks." You patted the head triage nurse's shoulder. She smiled and nodded her head, waving you off.

"I'm here." You announced as you entered the clinic. You checked yourself in and settled into one of the consultation rooms. After settling in and making sure everything is in place, you pressed the button that allowed your queue to start.

"Good morning." You smiled to the patient who entered. Patients came and went. You sent them for x-rays, you did follow ups, you gave out prescriptions, it was still busy but at least you got to sit down for most of it. You sent the last patient out with a smile and closed the door.

"Ah, finally lunch time." You groaned, leaning back in your chair. You heard your beeper in your pocket and took it out.

"See you after lunch!" Telling the nurses, you jogged back to the ER to see the nurses and your residents all giggling. Tilting your head, you raised an eyebrow and headed to the nurses' station.

"Here." The head triage nurse slid over a bouquet of flowers.

"What? For me?" Your eyes widened as you pointed at yourself. They nodded their heads. You picked it up, looking for a card.

"A secret admirer?"

"Oh, shut up. It's probably just a patient I treated sending his thanks." You rolled your eyes when you found that there was no card. They all laughed and you gave them a flat look.

"Get back to work, we have other patients waiting to see a doctor." You chuckled, shooing all of them away before taking the bouquet with you. While in the lift, you looked at the bouquet again. The baby pink and white roses were beautiful, everything wrapped in gold foil. It reminded you of- No, not that. You shook your head with a sigh.

Knights of Yesterday (Part 2 of Rebels of Power)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara