ᵗʰⁱʳᵗʸ ᵒⁿᵉ ✓

Start bij het begin

"It's not the time to joke, Imraan."
Frowning at him, she said.

"Don't worry. I won't be seeing him now."
Passing her an assuring smile, Imraan wore his watch.

"I have more important tasks to handle in the office than to have a chat with him."
Mumbling the last part, he bid her bye before leaving for office.

♧♧♧

"Did you talk with the Maliks?"
Badar Quraish asked his son. Not getting any response, he added.
"Why are you delaying it? The faster you get them to collaborate with the KZ project, the quicker we'll get the investments."

"I won't ask them."
Imraan spoke. They were in the office. Fortunately, Imraan was successfully able to avoid him earlier, but now that he came into the office to meet him, Imraan had no other way to avoid him.
"If they want, they can collaborate but I am not going to ask any favor from them."

"What?"
Mr. Badar stood up from the rolling chair.
"Have you lost your mind? Did you forget that the reason you married into that family was for this collaboration?"

Just then a knock was heard. The father-son got silent as Imraan's secretary, Stella, served them tea before leaving the room but not before closing the door behind them as instructed by Imraan.

"I didn't forget anything. But I think you are forgetting something."
Once Stella left, Imraan replied.
"I never said that I'm marrying in that family for the collaboration, it was you who assumed it."

"Moreover, it's high time you clean up your own mess."
Imraan added.

"What did you say?"

"Why? Did I say something wrong?"
Indicating his father's past deeds, Imraan spoke.
"If you didn't uncle's slash funds from the company then none of this would have happened. We wouldn't have lost our investors."

"Why do you think I did all that? For whom do you think I stole from my own brother?"
Fuming at his son, Mr. Badar said.

"Are you saying that you did all those things for me?"
Looking at him in disbelief, Imraan asked.

"If you were able to marry Azeen then none of this would have happened. If only like an emotional fool you didn't back away from marrying Azeen then we... I would have got Azeen's share in the company."

"God, baba! How much more do you need? I already promised that I'll give my shares to you so why are you hell-bent on zee's shares?!"
Frustrated at his greediness, Imraan said.

"Whom are you trying to fool, boy?
You dear uncle,"

Indicating Mr. Hakim Quraish, Mr. Badar spoke.
"That cunning old man would never let you do that. That's why in his will he clearly mentioned that you won't be able to transfer your shares to anyone other than your offspring."

"I'll talk with uncle-"

"No need. He won't even bat an eye for me."
Turning towards him, he repeated.
"Contact the Maliks and tell them to go with the KZ project. If they don't accept it then tell Ayana to convince them."

"I'm not going to say anything to them let alone drag Ayana into this mess."
Stubbornly, Imraan spoke, getting up from the chair.

"Why can't you for once do as I say? Why can't you be a better son?!"
Furiously Mr. Badar threw a file that was lying on the table at Imraan as it hit his lips making it bruised.

"You should have been a better father,"
Imraan retorted back, making Mr. Badar fume more.
"If you expected me to be a better son."

"What did you say?"