03| T E R R I T O R Y

Bắt đầu từ đầu

She's sympathetic, yes. But she's just a mere human as of now in a world of supernatural. 

She winced as Emmett's face glowed brightly with a smile. "That's terrible! But so great! For me, I mean!" Leo groaned, tossing a pillow in Emmett's face as he turned over. 

"Shaddup." With one hand, he pulled Natalie into the bed, and with the other, he switched off the light. 

"Go t'sleep." He mumbled and sighed, falling back into the world of dreams. Emmett pouted and left the room. The comfort Natalie craved constantly filled her with joy and she fell asleep quickly. Hopefully she wouldn't have anymore nightmares.

He wishes he could sleep. And eat. And feel the sun on his skin. 

...

He wishes he was human. 

If he was, he wouldn't have to worry about not being accepted as much by friends and neighbors, and people in general. He wouldn't have to hide from the shining sun during the day or depend on Natalie's magic to simply walk down the road. 

It was moments like this that the usually happy and motivated vampire wishes that he had simply bled out when the bear attacked him. 

He's grateful, he really is. He got a second chance...and a third. He's lived a lifetime and then some. He watched his little brother die of old age. His sister was killed in a car accident. His mother got dementia and died in her sleep. 

As the oldest, he was supposed to support his family in any way he could. He was supposed to take care of them. He failed.

He failed so miserably that it weighs him down every day. 

He's got a new family now. Leo and Natalie remind him of them. Kassie and Kayden. The McCarty twins. But it wasn't the same...

As Emmett moped about the life he could have lived, a certain blonde was walking down the street in hopes of eating some of the nearest bar's 'loaded nacho fries.'

When in mental agony, what better to do than eat junk food and illegally drink whiskey? Nothing. 

She drooled at the thought of the crispy bacon, jalapenos, and hot cheese. 

While food ran through her mind, states away her family was sitting at a table together, planning her future. That's how it always worked. As the youngest, she was drowned in expectations. Her sister graduated and became a surgeon. Her brother started his own business at 19. Her mother and father lived as trust-fund babies with no real hardships.

She didn't want anything to do with them. She's 18, and she's done nothing but study and practices her whole life. She wants to travel. She wants to experience the world and it's cultures. 

Sophie was meant to be doing all of the explorings with the love of her life. Even if it was primarily platonic on her end, she loved Grady more than anything. He showed her what it was like to not be trapped inside her family home. He understood her, because he too was forced to be a slave to tradition. 

But one night everything ended. 

Sophie had gone to bed early. Grady left a voicemail, saying he was going out with their friends, extending an invitation. She never opened it until after she had found out Grady died. 

Their friends were drunk. The designated driver was usually Sophie, but she hadn't come along that night. They were hit head-on by the train after failing to notice the signals lowering. 

She blames herself every day. 

Introducing.....

Sophie Marceline Gray

We will be getting to know her in future chapters that focus on Emmett and Sophie's interactions. 

A short chapter, and an apology for being so awol. I cant say ive been busy with school or work because that would be a lie, but yk. Life<3

So now we've met Emmets Soulmate!!!!! I'm excited, are you excited? Because i am excited.