[6]

{Caught}

TW: Edward being Edward in New Moon/ suicidal moments

(For more context read The End of Julianna Nicoli)

Seeing Carlisle after months of being ignored was too much for Natalie. She could smell her soulmates on him, showing that they too were ignoring her. All of the emotions that she avoided for so long bubbled up in her chest and exploded causing her to run out of the castle at a speed that no one could compete with.

The ground shook under her heels as her legs pushed further and faster with burning veins. A pain filled scream left her lips along with a crack from her bones, and a giant white wolf took her place when she entered the thick forest.

He left her.

They left her.

Without a word, they left after promising they never would.

This was their fault. The fact she can't see Leo right now is their fault. The fact Victoria got to her was their fault. The fact that she has been in this alone for MONTHS was THEIR FAULT.

Inside the wolf, Natalie was sobbing for the first time since she turned. Fat tears coated the bright blue eyes and a sorrowful howl ripped through the trees.

Back in the castle, Caius and Athenodora stiffened at the sound. Carlisle was quick to assure them that Natalie was not a child of the moon. She had no venom.

However, the fully dead body of Victoria Sutherland laying on the forest bed in Canada with the dripping wound that Natalie inflicted on her back months before states otherwise.

Natalie was a child of the moon.

Natalie was a witch.

And Natalie was a vampire.

Natalie Franks has lived 100 lives.

She was older than the Volturi themself.

She was an entirely unknown creature compared to everyone the clan had ever dealt with and they have no idea.

After a while of running her thoughts tumbled to a deeper and darker place.

'I deserved it.'

'I was meant to be alone anyways.'

'They didn't really care.'

'They are better off without me.'

'I'll probably just die again.'

'Maybe it's for the best.'

Just then, a particular copper headed vampire barged into the throne room demanding his death.