44| business partner

Start from the beginning

Panicking, I decided that maybe I might be able to buy a quick outfit. I grabbed my keys off of my nightstand and made my way out of my bedroom.

"Holy fuck!" I shout when I find Alyssa in my kitchen.

Does everyone have a fucking key to my apartment?

A large black suitcase sits next to her. She looks rich. Alyssa wore a dark green silk dress. Her makeup looks like it was done by a professional.

"Damn it!" I stare at my best friend, wondering how the hell she got into my apartment.

"I was trying to surprise you." "Thank you for ruining the surprise, you whore." I laugh at my best friend before pulling her into a hug.

I haven't seen this bitch in months. She's always working. Alyssa is one of the hardest working people I know, and because of that, she has done shots for Vogue.

She's practically famous.

"Aren't you supposed to be at that meeting?" Alyssa asked, pulling away to give me a worried look.

Looking down at the time on my phone. "In 25 minutes." Alyssa's brown eyes widened, and she looked down at my outfit when she looked back at my face.

She looks shocked and horrified. My outfit isn't even that bad. Before looking down, I think to myself.

Never mind, it's pretty bad.

I didn't even realize how dirty it was until I looked down. My baggy jeans were dirty with oil stains, as was my shirt. Sometimes I forget that oil stains clothes.

"You can't wear that crap." Alyssa exclaims as she points at my outfit.

"Well, if you haven't noticed, I don't own business clothes." I say it with a duh tone. The only things I seem to have are jeans, leggings, and stuff like that. I watch as Alyssa walks off, leaving me confused, but I follow her.

Walking into my room. Alyssa threw her large suitcase onto my bed and unzipped it. With a slight shake of my head, I wondered how she managed to fit so many clothes into her suitcase.

Is her suit case like a Magicians fucking top hat or some shit because that should be impossible.

Do all of my friends have magic powers or something? Because if so, then I think it's pretty unfair that I don't.

Unless bad luck is considered a power, If it is, then that's some bullshit.

"Here, wear this." I barely caught the first piece of clothing before I was smacked in the face with another. I stumble forward when she pushes me forward.

"I can't see, damn it!" I shout as I push the piece of clothing off of my face. Alyssa laughs as she gives me one last push in the direction of the bathroom.

I don't look at the outfit before putting it on because I don't have the time to overthink if it is going to look good or not.

I quickly looked into the mirror when I finally got dressed. Alyssa gave me a black satin bustier top with a gray suit jacket and pants to match.

 Alyssa gave me a black satin bustier top with a gray suit jacket and pants to match

I don't look bad, but it's not my thing. Making sure my hair looks a bit decent before putting on black heels. "Damn bitch, you look good." Alyssa stares at me with a proud look.

Spraying on perfume as I grab my car keys. "Thank you!" I shout as I race to the front door of my apartment.

I have 10 minutes to get to the meeting on time. But it takes 20 minutes to get there. Why do I always find myself in these predicaments?

Opening my car door and quickly starting my car. The engine roared as I pulled out of the parking lot and speeded down the busy streets of New York City.

Anxiety fills my body as I panic slightly. If it goes wrong, I don't know what I'm going to do. Maybe I should have done some research on the guy I was meeting with.

The only thing I know is that he is one of the wealthiest men in New York. I heard that he is also one of the youngest CEOs in New York.

My mother once told me that he had accomplished so much in such a short period of time. I think she said like 2 years or something like that.

My finger taps on my steering wheel as I pull in and out of traffic.

The faster I drive, the less I can feel all of the nerves pumping through my body. When I drive, it's like everything fades away; all of my thoughts, feelings, and past.

Once I pull into the parking lot, I look up at the tall building in front of me. I recognize it as the building that was just recently built. As I got closer to the building, the more the nerves came back.

The windows were so clean that I could see my reflection perfectly. It was like I was looking into a mirror, and I hated it, and I hated the person I was looking back at.

I know I have changed for the better, but I can't help but see the girl who ruined everything good in her life.

The girl that broke the heart of the boy she was so blindly in love with

walking into the building. It was elegant. The walls were dark, but they were complemented by the white tile. Everything was clean. Now I'm grateful for going home to find a better outfit.

"How can I help you?" The nice lady behind the desk asked. Her curly black hair was in box braids. She was very beautiful. She looked like she could be in a movie.

"I have a meeting at 2:30." She gives me a smile and nods before checking her computer. After she gave me the directions, I gave her a quick thank you before going to the elevator.

Pressing the button that took me to the top floor. I don't think I would ever want to work on the top floor of a building.

Like, I wouldn't want to be stuck a couple of hundred feet in the air when a damn earthquake happens.

Yeah, no, thank you.

The elevator door opened, and the light from the windows shined through. I was biting the inside of my lip when I followed the direction the front desk lady had given me.

I took a deep breath when I knocked on the office door before entering.

My eyes immediately found a familiar pair of hazel eyes. My heart stopped, and I couldn't even think correctly.

"August."

Time can change in three years

Time can change in three years. But did the way they feel about each other change?

Thought on this chapter?

Sorry for the small cliffhanger.

How is everyone doing?