Even if she knew she had done it all by herself, it made her uncomfortable that others might think otherwise. Specially given her family's past. The Rosiers are known to be mostly Dark Magic witches and wizards. Still, Antoine never cared knowing very well Amélie did it all in her own, that she had earned it by being the prodigy she trained herself to be since a very young age. And he'll always care, despite Élie's insistence of keeping their distance. They're family. Antoine stayed because, that way, Amélie wouldn't have to be alone. And he knew she appreciated it more than she'll ever say out loud.

"And why are you concerned? Because I'm smoking again?"

"Yes. Precisely. Because I know you smoke whenever things aren't well in your life. A habit that started back in the war."

"Well, being back in Lille triggered stuff, you know?"

"I do. And I understand. And...I received intel about it." She frowned. "It was planned. The place and the time."

"Makes sense, it was a rally." She said after she had gulped the sip of whiskey she had taken. Antoine shook his head.

"It was planned for you to be there." She placed the glass down. "When you told me Vinda had been here I directed a squad to look throughout the entire place to check if anything was missing. I personally checked the archives room." A beat while he drank his whiskey slowly. "Your file was gone. She stole the missions you've done, the places you've been to, the people you've locked up-"

"She knew I served in Lille." He nodded.

"Did anyone try to kill you today?"

"Yes. But she wasn't there. Vinda wants to kill me herself, she wouldn't send people to do so."

"Maybe not. But those witches and wizards were rookies." She sighed, understanding.

"She was testing them." He nodded. "Did they confess?"

"One. The youngest one. A girl. She's only fourteen. She gave us precious information." Élie shook her head. "You need to be careful out there."

"I know. I am."

"You weren't twice." She sent him a glare. "Sorry, but it's true."

"Well, I promise I'll watch my back better. Okay?" She took a long sip of her drink. "Now, it's getting late, you should go home to Marion." He smiled.

"You forget I've known you long enough as to know when you're trying to get rid of me." She rolled her eyes. "Why don't I take you home?"

"No need to. I can go by myself. Thanks, though." He smiled.

"You'll go home like you've been going home all these months?" She frowned and he tilted his head to the right, knowingly. She sighed.

"Who was it? François or Madame Dupont?" Antoine chuckled. "I won't tell them anything from now on."

"Neither of them would ever betray you." He took another sip of his beverage. "I've been working late, Madame Dupont did tell me you were also working late. I've come here to wish you a goodnight and ask you not to stay too late just to find you asleep on a bed that comes out of the corner of that wall." He said pointing at the wall behind her. "You're getting creative with your spells." Her head fell forward, defeated. "Why don't you go home?"