Long Story Short

September 3rd, 1910.
Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Scotland, United Kingdom.

  Amélie found herself at the Great Hall doing some reading for her following class, Defence Against the Dark Arts. That's one of her best rated subjects. She was drinking some orange juice as she practiced the wand movement needed for the spell she was reading. Without words, simply the movement.

  When she was done with her juice, the bell chimed and she had to start her way to class. She kept her things in her bag and fixed her blazer when she got up, then, she walked out of the room to make her way to the classroom. The problem was that she didn't know where it was. The Headmaster welcomed them, but the foreigners weren't given a tour around the huge castle, instead, they were told to enjoy this school year.

  As she walked near the stairs, she looked around. Her eyes landed quickly on the boy she met here two days ago.

"Theseus." She called and stepped closer. He looked at her and barely smiled, not like the first time they interacted. "Bonjour." He gave her a head nod. "Savez-vous où se trouve la salle de classe des arts sombres par hasard?" He blinked. She asked if he knew where the classroom was.

"What?" He asked. She knew how to speak English, she understood it, but she wasn't that fluent. In her household they speack French most of the time, they rarely speak her mother's native language. She sighed.

"Dumbledore. His class." She spoke carefully.

"Oh, you're headed to Dark Arts now?"

"Oui."

"Oh, yeah. His classroom is at the end of the fifth floor." He smiled and she nodded.

"Merci."

"Oui." She smiled at him and walked away towards the stairs. When she was out of sight, Theseus looked at his two companions and they busted into laughter. Theseus, believe it or not, was a bit of a prankster whenever he felt like it. And picking on the outsider that had bruised his ego seemed like the perfect excuse.

  Amélie made her way to the stairs while the three boys made their way to the third floor to find classroom 3C. She walked down the halls, waited patiently for the stairs to stop moving and eventually found the fifth floor. She walked fast as the second chime of the bell started echoing around, telling everyone that the second it stopped they'd be late for their class.

  As she walked, she seemed to find herself confused. She didn't see boys and girls her year, let alone anyone from her mates. Instead, she found kids much younger entering the classroom. She frowned as she approached the last two who were about to walk in.

"Excusez-moi, quel cours suivez-vous ici?" She asked what class were they about to take. The boy simply looked at her while the girl approached her.

"Muggle Studies." She said.

"Donc ce n'est pas la classe d'art dar?" She shook her head, indeed, that wasn't the Dark Arts classroom. Amélie sighed as she closed her eyes. Angry. "Je suppose que vous pourriez me dire où il se trouve?"

"Oui." The girl smiled at the Beauxbatons student and agreed on telling her where it was located. Third floor.

"Merci." The girl nodded and Amélie made her way back the stairs as fast as she could as she heard them talking behind her.

"Leta..." Said the boy.

"Yes?" The girl replied.

"Since when do you speak french?"

"Always. I'm french as well, why wouldn't I speak it Newt?" Amélie smiled to herself.

  She rushed down the halls and eventually found the classroom. It was at the end of the corridor as Theseus had told her, only that it's actually located two floors below. She knocked the opened door and felt her cheeks turning red when every student looked at her.