Strangers by Nature

December 16th, 1920.
London, England. United Kingdom.

Dear Amélie:

  All I can say is thank you. I was in Amsterdam, following a lead on Grindelwald when I got your message about Newt. I can assume he told you not to tell me, but I'm glad you did.

  Unfortunately, I couldn't get there to aid him. They didn't allow me to leave because Grindelwald, well...the guy we thought was Grindelwald, was 'more important'. I came back as soon as I could and found him home, safe and sound. He told me all about his beastly adventures in New York and didn't forget to mention how much you helped him. I guess you're not as stone-cold hearted as you once were.

  I won't forget how you looked over my little brother, and I'm in debt with you for that. Well, duty calls and I must leave now. Take care of yourself.

Best regards, Thes.

  P.S: Make sure to give Alexandre my greetings, please. Also, hope you don't mind if I ask but, did you pick a date at the end? If so, how did the wedding go? Or when will it be if it hasn't taken place? Have a lovely day or night, I don't know when would you be reading this. Also, you both should come over for tea sometime, we'd be glad to have you here. Is the least I could do for what you've done for Newt.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

December 18th, 1920.
Paris, France.

Dear Theseus:

  I apologise for writing to you after days, I've been extremely busy lately. You should know all about it, Grindelwald's fanatics are spread all over Europe and we're chasing them down to get them all into a prison cell.

  You have nothing to thank me for, I have a little sibling myself. I know that if our roles had been swapped, you would have looked after her all the same. I am glad you got home safely, both of you. And you don't owe me anything, giving him a hand and risking my career for the good cause was the least I could do, right?

  About Alexandre...I don't have good news. He's gone, Thes. That's why I am and have been Head Auror for months. We settled for a date but the wedding never happened. He passed a month before the celebration. Truth is, I don't feel like talking about what happened to him, not yet at least. And not through a letter or a phone call.

  Perhaps, we can meet some other day, at some other time, for that cup of tea. I'd be delighted. Thank you for writing and, as you said before, have a lovely day or night. I don't know when you would be reading this either.

  Meilleures salutations, Élie.

  P.S: My heart was never stone-cold for everyone, only for you. Tell Newt I'm looking forward to have and read his book. Take care of yourself too, Thésée. And send my warmest regards to Leta, please. Oh, and, if you're ever at Newt's place, greet Pickett from me would you? Don't you forget about it.

  P.S.S: Don't come here. I know you and I know that, as soon as you are done reading this, you'll get up from your seat and find a way to get here. There is no need for you to do that. I'm busy, you are busy and things are still pretty complicated in the world right now. Stay in London, if that's where you are now, or at any other place you might be. I am okay, je promets.

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

August 10th, 1921.
London, England. United Kingdom.
British Ministry of Magic.

  Ever since that letter exchange, the two of them didn't exchange any more words. Theseus dish get out of his seat and was about to head to Paris when he read how Amélie asked him not to. He sat back down and resumed his work as a part of his mind and heart continued to think about Rosier, caring for her.