Luana's heart sank with disappointment.

'Villain duke, damned duke, a really, really evil human being.'

Luana bit her lips and cursed the duke in her heart.

"Just in case, I brought something to eat."

Then the butler put a bowl of warm soup and a blanket.

"The chef himself made the soup. He's worried about Miss Luana, too."

"Thank you."

It wasn't even winter, but the dungeon was strangely cold. She was glad to see the blanket and warm soup. She wrapped herself in the blanket, and her body felt a little warm.

The cold fingertips slowly began to warm up as she put her hands around the bowl.

"No need to thank me. When you are done, put your dishes in front of the iron bars. I will take it for you."

"Yes."

"I'll be back."

Perhaps the butler had come secretly, only delivered the soup and blanket, and disappeared immediately. Now she is alone again. Luana stretched her crouched body and straightened her legs. She rubbed her cheeks with her warm hands and felt slightly better.

After Luana felt her body warm up a little bit, she picked up the spoon. What was in the bowl was mushroom soup with rich ingredients. She took a deep breath in the familiar scent and put the soup in her mouth.

"It's delicious."

The tears she had been holding back began flowing down as she ate.

"As expected from the chef."

Other chefs said Way was a genius for his age. Maybe that's why the soup he made was very delicious. Luana doesn't think she has ever eaten anything this delicious.

Gurgle-

There was a loud noise as the warm soup entered the stomach. But she didn't want to miss this feeling, so she moved the spoon slowly. She didn't want to miss this soup that was filled with sincerity. While she tasted the soup, a shadow suddenly covered her head.

"Butler?"

Luana raised her head, wondering if the butler, who had said to take her bowl, had come again. But it wasn't him who stood in front of the iron bars.

Thud

Her heart dropped.

"What's that?"

The duke opened the iron bars door and entered. She wanted to see his expression but couldn't see anything because of the backlight. Luana grabbed the bowl as if it were her last hope.

"I don't remember asking someone to give you this."

A cold voice fell over her head.

"Who gave it to you?"

"Oh, that's...."

As Luana tried to speak, she closed her mouth again at the thought that came to her mind.

'Maybe something bad will happen to the butler or Way because of this?'

She couldn't speak at the thought of it.

"Who gave you that?"

The Duke pressed Luana and asked again. Her hands, which were holding the bowl tightly, began to tremble. She wanted to throw the bowl at him, but the thoughts in her head stopped her. She couldn't let Way's sincere soup be gone in vain. So, she held the urge.