Chaeyoung assumed that this girl would be the hardest to convince because she was close to both parties involved. One of the reasons why she avoided her the most. She wanted to run out of that café because she knew Sooyoung wouldn't stop until she forced the truth out of her.

"We were drunk!" she retaliated. This seemed like a practiced script at this point.

Sooyoung folder her arms over her chest. She still did not seem convinced.

Again, she knew both of them well. Chaeyoung was a lightweight, just a few shots in her and she was gone, but Jungkook was a different story. In fact, Sooyoung had never even seen him drunk before, certainly not enough to lose his mind and unconsciously kiss his worst enemy.

There was a few minutes of silence where no one spoke. Chaeyoung had beads of sweat forming on her head from how anxious she felt as the woman in front of her eyed her intensely. She even thought about just telling her everything just so she could finally breathe and get it over with.

Sooyoung cleared her throat before asking, "And how are you feeling now about this whole situation? Since you know... you've been in love with him since you were 18."

Chaeyoung almost choked on her own spit. She could feel herself being swallowed by the earth below her. One thing about her friend was that she was very blunt and not afraid to speak her mind.

While it was true that she fell in love with him at that age, she certainly did not feel that way anymore.

But who could have blamed her? He was Jeon Jungkook, the golden maknae of BTS and a complete ace in the industry. One sight of him singing or dancing was enough to make any person swoon. She was young, naïve, and impressionable, and he had been that cute boy with the nice smile you would steal glances from. Until eventually, those quick stares turned into seeing him almost everyday and falling for the man behind the idol.

"Yah unnie, can I use your purse to hit you?" Chaeyoung groaned. "Don't say that, someone might hear you. I stopped having those feelings for him a long time ago."

Although, she couldn't deny that there are still times where her heart involuntarily feels something different when she was around him, it adds to the many reasons why she's limiting their amount of contact throughout their whole fake relationship.

"And you're sure they won't come back after spending all this time with him?" she asked further.

Chaeyoung had this thought sneak up on her every time she was alone. Even just one unplanned surprise with flowers was enough to make her heart race. Maybe it was the remnants of having him as her first love that was making her emotions messed up.

But at the end of the day, no matter what she felt or will feel, it doesn't excuse the way he's treated her these past few years, especially their last day in Madrid. That was something that will take a lot for her to move past.

She went through emotional and mental turmoil having fallen in love with her own best friend, especially when she also thought he felt the same way. Now imagine how much her world crashed when he stopped talking to her out of nowhere and started acting like their friendship never existed.

"I'll try my hardest," she replied honestly.

Catching genuine feelings for Jungkook again would be one of the worst things that could happen, especially since their fake relationship was only on borrowed time.

She remembered that time at the BigHit lounge when Jungkook had confronted her, and she put on her best front and attitude. Though she had been shaking inside, she wished she were able to act boldly and confidently like that towards him everyday. It would have been better for her peace of mind.