27. ❝ the kiss that changed everything ❞ ✰

IT WAS NEAR the end of filming. the whole cast was gathered around as scott came up to mason and liv. "hope you guys are ready," scott put both of his hands on each of the kid's shoulders. liv and mason glanced at each other. "well, it's just the closing scene. why wouldn't we be ready?" liv scoffed.

"did nayah not tell you?" scott furrowed his eyebrows. "about what?" mason asked. "the kiss. nayah convinced me and the writers to change the script to where laura and finney kiss at the end. she said her and miguel really wanted it to happen," scott placed his hands on his hips. liv's heart dropped, same as her jaw.

"nayah told you that?!" she whisper yelled. "yeah! she said you guys wanted to do it, too! what's wrong?" scott was utterly confused. mason buried his hands in his hair as liv threw her head back in annoyance. "scott, we didn't want this. at all. we haven't even, like, practiced yet," liv's eyes darted back and forth between mason and scott.

"really? huh? that's weird, i thought you two were dating. oh, well, it's already in the script. we can't change it. good luck," scott shrugged, walking away. as soon as he left, both mason and liv turned to each other and opened their mouths to speak. "i— i'm gonna go to my dressing room," liv nodded ferociously. "um, yeah. me— me, too," mason also nodded, both of them quickly parting ways.

when liv reached her dressing room, she slammed the door behind her and sank down into the chair. how was she supposed to have her first kiss on set? in front of all of these people? maybe she should go talk to mason to see how he feels about it?

she settled on waiting to get her outfit changed and her hair done for the closing scene. the stylist came in, showing her the outfit. she was wearing a black and blue striped sweater, jeans and the typical converse laura yamada wears. the stylist began doing liv's hair, straightening it and blow-drying it to make it look poofy. she put a gold clip at the back of liv's hair and pushed it up so she had a kind of bump on the top of her head.

when she was finished, liv made her way to mason's dressing room and just as she was about to turn the doorknob, she heard voices. "we have to kiss, like, right now," mason was complaining to the unknown person. "dude, what are you scared of? you already told each other you love each other," tristan's voice spoke.

"my fault, bro. sorry for being scared to have my first kiss in front of a bunch of people," mason sarcastically told off tristan. moments of silence went by as mason spoke up again, "i'm just gonna shoot my shot with olivia," he muttered. liv's heart warmed up at the sound of him using her full name. she hated when people called her 'olivia', but when he did it, it sounded different.

she turned the doorknob, letting herself in. the door creaked as it opened slowly, both of the boys snapping their necks towards liv. "hi," tristan spoke after staring at her small figure for a second. "what are you talking about?" liv innocently asked, a smile on her face. "nothing. just— guy stuff," mason made eye contact with tristan in the mirror.

"we better go, mase. scott will be wanting us soon," liv locked her hand with mason's, lightly dragging him out of the chair as he said bye to tristan. they ran outside, only to be met with pouring rain. "shit! i just got my hair done," liv complained, using mason to shield her. both of the kids were upset when they found out they still had to film in the rain since they were behind schedule.

the two were brought back to the baseball field, where laura and finney spoke for the first time. they climbed the wet bleachers, liv almost slipping so mason had to hold her waist as she walked up to the tallest step. she sat down as the camera crew and everyone got ready.

"action!" scott shouted. liv looked around set as she caught nayah's eye. nayah tilted her head slowly, gave liv a reassuring nod and winked. she then turned around and disappeared. liv turned back to mason as her lines started rolling into her mind. "it's terrible. all those boys lives lost," laura began to speak as liv got more into character.

she slowly turned towards mason's character as he avoided eye contact with her, staring at his shoes. "i'm glad you're still here. it brings me comfort knowing you survived, even if my brother couldn't," liv lifted her hand and locked her pinky with mason's as the camera zoomed in to their hands. "finney?" she muttered.

he turned his head to meet with her eyes. "call me finn," he softly smiled. "finn?" she returned the smile. he nodded. "seems like you're a whole new person," she scoffed with her smile still on her face. "of course i am, i survived the grabber," he smirked, playfully nudging her shoulder.

she rolled her eyes before turning to face him with her full body, criss-crossing her legs on the bleachers. she now interlocked their hands fully, and she brought their hands up, leaning them against the side of her face, making 'finney' laugh. she dropped their hands and fixed her hair as the sounds of the rain pattering and their heart beats were the only thing you could hear.

"laura, i—" mason began to speak but was cut off while liv grabbed the collar of his shirt and smashed their lips together. it felt as if though all the cameras were gone as the both of them just focused on the fact they were kissing. mason leaned forward and put his hands on her back as to pull her in closer, liv doing the same and resting her hands on his shoulders.

"cut!" scott interrupted the kiss as both of the kids pulled apart with a soft chu! sound. liv bit her lip, trying not to smile as mason was left completely breathless. "that was perfect, you guys, really!" scott clapped. "we only need that one take! it seemed like you guys have been waiting for this moment. you sure you didn't practice?" he asked them.

"no— we didn't," liv shook her head. "well, that was great," scott high-fived both of them before joining the rest of the staff. when mason realized no one was paying attention, he leaned over and kissed liv again while she wasn't looking, catching her completely off guard. she darted her eyes towards him as he smirked and got off the bleachers, leaving her flustered self there.

author's note !
ITS HERE THE SMOOCH IS FINALLY HEREEHAHAHDJDHDHD

this kiss didnt really change anything i js wanted to be dramatic n put that as the title

they will be bf n gf soon i promiseee

also im sorry we didnt get a lot of filming chapters but i will make a yt vid with behind the scenes clips that'll be so fun to read!!!