25. ❝ panic attack ❞ ✰

olivia
hey mom when are u flying out to nc? jéne's anniversary is in a few days

mom
I won't be able to make it this year, Olivia. You will have to light the candles and send the balloons with your friends. I have a busy work schedule.

olivia
are u kidding me? it's a family thing. i don't want to do it w my friends.

this is bullshit

mom
You watch your language before I fly there to give you a smack.

olivia
jesus christ

whatever
Read 4:56 AM

LIV SLAMMED HER phone on her nightstand as tears fell down her face. it was currently four in the morning and she couldn't stop thinking about how she would have to suffer throughout the pain of losing her sister by herself. she felt a bad panic attack coming on. she curled up into a ball and began thinking of who to call to talk to but most of her friends would be sleeping right now.

a thought popped into her mind and she bit on her fingernails until she finally gave in, huffing and climbing off her bed. she tip-toed up the hallway and made it to mason's room. the door was cracked open and she could hear mason softly snoring. she lightly pushed the door open, causing it to make a creaking noise.

"mason?" liv spoke out, hoping to wake him up since he was a light sleeper. he moved around a bit before he answered. "mhm?" he mumbled. "uhm—" liv's voice cracked and mason took immediate notice of that. he sat up and squinted, making out her figure standing in the hallway light. he ran a hand through his hair and then reached over to his nightstand to turn on his lamp.

his heart dropped when he saw liv standing there with mascara running down her face and her cheeks flushed. "what's wrong?" he asked. "i think i'm gonna have a panic attack," she choked out a sob, bringing her hand to cover her mouth. "okay, okay. calm down. come here," he pat a spot on his bed. she walked over and sat down, trying to focus on her breathing.

he lightly grabbed her waist and pulled her back so she was laying down. "tell me what happened," he spoke gently to her. "my sister— the anniversary of her death is soon and my mom can't fly out here to be with me. she's never done this before and it's all so new, i don't know how to react," she explained, taking breaks in between her words to breathe.

mason nodded slowly and took it all in. "okay..." he breathed out. "i don't want you to say anything or give me advice. please just stay with me," she looked at him in the eyes. he opened his mouth to say something but quickly closed it and nodded. she lay her head on his chest and closed her eyes as he sat there, rubbing her back to comfort her. he had planned something for her a week ago that was a surprise that he was sure would make her feel better.

"LIV IS STILL sleeping?" tristan asked mason when he came downstairs. "yeah, she had a rough night," mason nodded, opening the fridge and grabbing the milk. "so, are you going to tell us what you planned for her?" jacob lightly hit mason's shoulder. "oh, i invited her friend's from the babysitter's club cast over. i think it would help her feel a little better," mason replied.

"when are they supposed to be here?" jacob questioned. "literally today—" he checked the time on his phone. "in like a half hour," he shrugged. tristan almost choked on his breakfast sandwich. "and you couldn't tell us?" he asked. "my bad. i woke up later than i expected. just go around the house and make sure it's clean," mason rubbed his eyes.

tristan and jacob left the kitchen just as maddy entered it. "malia just texted me. they're on their way here from the airport," she smiled. "why are they so early?" mason furrowed his eyebrows. "not sure. whatever, at least liv's sleeping so it'll be a real surprise," she left the kitchen.

about fifteen minutes went by and the doorbell rang. tristan and jacob ran down the stairs as maddy, miguel, becca and brady came from their rooms. mason opened the door to reveal the babysitter's club cast behind it. mason scanned all of them as his eyes fell on shay and his smile immediately dropped, along with hers.

he moved aside to let all of them in as he greeted them. "i was hoping you guys would leave the blonde," mason pursed his lips. "i have a name!" shay scoffed. "yeah, yeah, whatever," mason shrugged. "where's liv?" xochitl asked with a smile on her face.

"she's still sleeping, i'll go get her," becca nodded as she raced up the stairs. mason and tristan led the cast to the living room as they all sat down. minutes later, becca was dragging liv down the stairs - well, at least attempting to drag her. "no! becca, i'm tired!" liv whined. becca brought liv into the living room and she rubbed her eyes, finally opening them.

"OH MY GOD!" liv screamed as her favorite cast sat in front of her. they all jumped up, attacking her with hugs. "we missed you so much, liv!" sophie smiled as she pulled away from the group hug. "how— how did you guys get here?" liv asked. "mason set everything up," malia answered. "you're so lucky to have him," she leaned in and whispered in liv's ear.

"mason, i love you," liv smiled as she was still holding on to shay. everyone in the living room shared knowing glances as the cast sat on the couch together to catch up with each other.

author's note !
I HAVE BEEN GONE FOR LIKE 2 MONTHS 😭😭😭 IM SO SORRY YALL LFMAOAOAOSO

yall so my tiktok is @ defnotalii_ n i post regularly on it so if yall want to follow it n make sure im not dead go ahead !! i follow back too