22. ❝ friends or lovers? ❞ ✰

LIV REACHED UP to honk the horn of brady's car once she saw nayah walking out of her house. brady swat her arm away, rolling his eyes. "get in, loser, we're going shopping!" liv called to nayah who covered her mouth to hide her laugh while she jogged to the car.

"we actually going shopping?" she asked when she opened the door. "yeah, but we're gonna see a movie first. there's a theater in the mall," liv nodded as nayah let out an 'ohhhh!'. the car ride to the mall was chill except for when miguel decided to continuously tap liv on the shoulder then turn his head and pretend becca did it.

they arrived at the mall and all the girls practically ran to the cinema with excitement, the boys dragging their feet behind them. "what movie are we even watching? why didn't we plan this?" maddy lightly hit liv's shoulder. "mmm..." liv bit her lip, looking at the available movies on the screen. "let's watch that one," she smirked, pointing to a scary movie called "the invitation".

"no!" mason and tristan both spoke at the same time. the four girls turned around, exchanging glances and furrowing their eyebrows. "why not?" becca asked. "i don't do well with scary movies," tristan muttered, looking at the ground. "yeah, me either," mason pursed his lips. liv took a deep breath and rolled her eyes.

"well, you're acting in a scary movie. man up, pussies," she grabbed mason's hand and intertwined their fingers, leading him inside the cinema. the group went to buy snacks and drinks and mason bought a full blown chicken tender and fries meal for liv which she didn't ask for and felt bad because he wouldn't let her pay him back.

they walked into the theater and there was only a couple of other people in there. miguel thought it was a good idea to trip tristan, making him drop his popcorn all over the ground. "miguel, what the fuck?!" liv gritted her teeth, pulling his hair because she knew he hated it. "ow! let go of me," he whimpered, pulling away from her.

"go pay for another bucket of popcorn for tristan. now," she demanded. he didn't say anything so liv pulled his hair harder, giving him a death glare. "ow! fine, okay, okay!" he groaned. "what?" she snapped. "yes, ma'am," he muttered. she let go of him and watched carefully as him and tristan walked out of the theater together.

they were currently taking pictures since there was literally no one in the theater and the lights were on. "wow, nayah. you're so photogenic. i'm jealous," liv shook her head in disbelief as she showed the picture she took of nayah off-guard. "so are you! you're way more photogenic than me!" nayah scoffed playfully. liv's smile dropped as she shot a blank stare at the girl, batting her eyelashes.

"don't lie to me," liv shook her head again, walking away. "i'm not lying!" nayah called out, laughing and then turning back to maddy to continue their conversation. miguel and tristan came back and the lights turned off so everyone began getting in their seats as the screen played commercials.

the movie started and mason was already clutching on liv's arm from the opening scene jumpscare. she laughed at him as he shrunk down into his seat. "i swear you're using this as an excuse to be touchy with me," liv whispered into his ear and she swore she could feel his heart rate speed up. "i'll use anything as an excuse to be touchy with you," he told her with a smirk on his face.

another jumpscare came on and he buried his head into her neck, making her laugh once again. a second jumpscare happened, making liv slightly jump as she covered her face. "who's laughing now?" mason mumbled into her neck. "shut up," she groaned, grabbing his hand and beginning to nervously play with his fingers.