38- Falling For You

" I like you way too much, my baby I'm afraid I'm falling for you."

Weezer

I was waiting anxiously at the airport. Phil asked me if I could pick him up, and I agreed. I was searching for him, and suddenly I felt two hands on my eyes, and I jumped a bit.

" You scared me!" I screeched as I turn around. "Stop doing that."

" You're so cute, I can't help myself." He hugged me and put his head in the crook of my neck. "I missed you Roxanne."

" I-Uh I missed you too Phil." I stuttered.

" Oh sorry for the sudden PDA." He chuckled and let me go. "Could you drop me home ?"

" Well that was the plan wasn't it ?" I winked. "Get in your carriage princess."

He sighed and got into the passenger's side. I drove him to his home, but stayed in the car.

" Do you want to come in for a drink ?" Phil suggested.

" I don't want to bother you." I refused politely.

" You're not bothering at all." He assured. " Plus I have a little something for you."

I agreed to come inside, and helped him with his suitcases on the way. He motioned to me to sit down on the couch, and came back from the kitchen with a can of 7up for me, and one for himself.

" Kind of denying our tattoo are we ?" I teased him.

" Ah shut up, I'm not going to live on Pepsi my whole life." He got two tickets from behind his back. "Here, Merry Christmas in advance. There's this concert in Sydney, a band that I know you like, The Amity Affliction." I felt my heart clench in my chest. " Ahren is one of my friends, and I happened to buy 2 tickets, so maybe, I thought you could erm, come with me?"

" Yes Phil, fuck yes!"

I jumped in his arms and planted the biggest kiss on his cheek. I can't believe he's so nice, and I also can't believe he remembered that.

" I'll pick you up on Thursday alright ?" He smiled. "We'll probably have a pizza or something with Ahren, and maybe the rest of the band, hope you don't mind."

" Of course not!" I squealed. "Why would I mind!"

He laughed, and I drove back home. Once I entered the house I felt like screaming, and my mom instantly asked me what was happening.

"I'm going to see The Amity Affliction on Thursday!" I screamed. "Phil is taking me as a Christmas present."

" That is so great!" She said happily. "Hey, are you inviting him for your little Christmas party with your friends?"

" I don't know, maybe." I pondered. "I kinda have to talk to the guys about that, they still hold kind of a grudge against him."

She nodded and I went straight to my bedroom. I opened the group chat I had with the guys.

Roxanne: GUESS WHOS SEENIG THE AMITY AFFLICTION ONT HURSDYA NIGTG

Michael: Typos please.

Roxanne: I'm fucking seeing the amity zffliction on thursday night and maybe eating with them so I'll make as many typos as I want Miachl Gordon Clifford

Ashton: What the fuck ?!

Roxanne: What ?

Ashton: Is this shit real ?

Roxanne: Yes it fucking flipping freaking is!

Calum: But how are you going, how is it that you're eating with them ??

Roxanne: Well, Phil bought me a ticket for Christmas in advance, and he's going with me, and he kind of knows their bass player from high school, and yeah.

Michael: You're so falling for him again.

Roxanne: No I'm not, don't bring that up again please.

Michael: The joke completely got over you huh ?

Roxanne: I hate you.

Luke: Hey, are you inviting that guy for Christmas ?

Roxanne: I thought about it, but I wanted to know your mind about that before.

Michael: I don't mind.

Calum: Wait what really?!

Ashton: You sure about that Mikey.

Michael: Yeah, I have to stop holding that grudge against him.

I was surprised by his answer, and decided to thank him, by private message. I put my phone down, and laid in my bed for an hour, before I went to eat with my mom, and went to play videogames for a moment. I fell asleep a few hours later.

Thursday came so slowly, I thought I would die. I was getting prepared, a pair of shorts, my doc Martens, and a The Amity Affliction loose tank top. I was now in the living room, pacing back and forth, waiting for Phil to come and get me. When I finally heard the doorbell ring, I practically jumped outside, my backpack in my hands. I kissed my mother goodbye, and promised her I'll tell her where I'll be sleeping, since we still don't know if we hang out with Ahren and maybe the others after the show.

" Hey Phil!" I said excitedly.

" You've been waiting for me all day haven't you ?" He said cheekily.

" All week you fucking wanker!" He laughed at that insult, I didn't use for a while.

" Well then, without further due, let's go." He smiled and opened the car door for me.

While he was driving we were talking about anything and nothing, and that felt so amazing. The Phil I knew and loved was finally back. We also sang a little too loud and maybe too out of tune, and he finally parked outside the venue.

" Okay, so we're actually in the pit, hope it doesn't bother you." He said.

" No, not at all." I reassured him. "But I'll try not to get too crazy, I don't think my knee, and my doctors would be too happy about it."

" Of course sweetheart, I'll make sure you're okay, don't worry." He winked at me and his nickname made my heart flutter. "Oh, I just got a text from Ahren, he said he'll give our names to the security crew, so we can get backstage before the encore and watch it from sidestage."

" Are you trying to make me fucking cry ?!" I squealed.

" No, I'm just trying to make you happy. " He smiled warmly. "I've been a huge dick to you, I hope you forgive me."

" You never had anything to be forgiven for in the first place."

I hugged him a little, and we went to get the best spots possible. The venue was starting to fill up around us. We were a bit on the right, so I wouldn't be pulled in the moshpits without my consent. The wait was agonizing. I hadn't been to a concert for several months, maybe even a year, and now I was seeing one of my favorite bands. Suddenly the lights started turning down, and the intro to Pittsburgh began. Soon after, I was screaming out of my lungs.