22- Sad But True

"You know it's sad but true."

Metallica

"So you're the newbie right?" He started, as he approached me. "Why did they engage you, you look nothing like a wrestler, and probably will stay second class all your life ! "

"And what makes you say that?" I asked, getting up to face him.

" Well, you probably didn't have TV where you came from. " He laughed sarcastically. "I am CM Punk, and I'm straight edge, which means I'm better than you, and everyone else in this room."

Everyone started booing and I saw at his little smirk on his face, indicating that he was having so much fun with this. So I decided to play his game.

" Oh so you're straight edge." I smirked. "Since you're better than everyone, are you better than another Straight Edge person?"

" Well, that depends I guess." He smiled. "Even if you were straight edge too, I'm still better than you, hell, everyone in this room is better than you, you're just a newbie, you're nothing!"

I attacked him at the end of his sentence, and hit him as he was on the floor, before being held back by Colt. He picked me up from the ground and held me against him. Punk was looking at me in disbelief, and Colt's music started, our cue to leave the stage, and go back backstage. He hugged me as soon as we were there.

"You were just fantastic Roxanne !" He cheered.

" Well, thank you." I blushed. "I just tried to go along wit whatever Punk was doing."

" And you did that perfectly." Phil's voice said behind me. "Great job." He hugged me too. "Oh, and I hope you know that nothing I said in the ring was true? Punk is an asshole, he is supposed to act like that, and I wanted to push your buttons a little, to get that kind of reaction. I think you're a great wrestler, and you're going to go far." He explained with a smile.

" That's exactly what I was telling myself watching the show." The executive that hired me chimed in. "That little segment was really unpredicted, but I think that it's what made it so good to watch." He shook my hand. "You're definitely gonna go far kid, you're talented with a microphone, and I've seen you in the ring. I can't wait for you to have your first match. I think I'll keep you as a sidekick for two or three more shows finally, and then we'll come around something, okay?"

" That's perfect, thanks a lot!"

The guys then went to take a shower, and I waited for them, when a girl walked to me.

"Hey, great show tonight, very useful." She said sarcastically. "Are you going to wrestle someday, or just be around the two best guys in the federation, making your way up to the top without working ?"

" Hey, Mickie, what are you doing here ?" Scott said, as he got out of the locker room.

" Nothing, just waiting for Phil." She said with a fake smile.

" I heard what you told her and ..." Scott started.

" And I don't need him to put you back where you belong." I interruped, getting closer to the girl. "I may be nothing in this company for now, but I swear that when I work, I work hard, and I'm going to pin you down on that mat for so fucking long you'll start growing roots alright ?" I spat. "I may not have had any experience on tv, and in front of people, but that doesn't mean I have no experience in martial arts or wrestling. I'll show you soon enough."