23- Love And Leave It Alone

"Tryin' to feel your love this side of the world, I wanna love, I wanna kiss you"

Royal Blood

I went upstairs to my room and called Michael on FaceTime. He answered after only two rings.

"Hey baby girl!" He exclaimed, his accent stronger than ever. "How's life going ?"

" It's going great Mikey!" I said excitedly. "I had my first appearance on a show yesterday evening!"

" Did you have a match ? How did it go?" He questioned.

" No, I was only accompanying Colt Cabana, I'll probably have my first match in a month or so. I'll tell you when I know more" I smiled. "I wish you could be there to see it. It feels weird being so far away from you."

"I know, it feels weird for us too." He admitted. "You know, even Luke misses you.

" He does ?" I said, shocked. "Even though I've been a huge dick to him ?"

" Yeah, he kinda liked you, you know ?" He said gently. "And I think he still has a little bit of a crush on you ?"

" No, you're playing me."

" Absolutely not Roxanne." He confessed. "The other day, at practice, he said it felt weird for him to sing at your place, and that he knew he could never replace you. I actually want to ask you if you could talk to him ? He doesn't seem like himself lately, and I genuinely think that he's afraid of replacing you or I don't know."

" Of course, I'll do it ! Can you give me his number, I'll call him right after."

"Erm it's kind of late in here, or early I don't know." He chuckled. "You might as well wait a few hours before you call."

" Oh yeah, time zones, sorry, I think I'll never get used to it." I facepalmed mentally. "Then I'll wait a bit alright ? Anyways, how is it going for you down there?"

" Great, it's hot as ever, and we wrote some new songs." He explained.

" I'd love to hear them someday !" I exclaimed.

" Well, once they're done, sure, we'll find a way to make you listen."

We chatted like that for like 30minutes again, and then I hanged up so Mike could get some sleep. I broke down in to tears as soon as I hanged up. I really like Michael and the guys, and It's the first time I'm away from my mother and my best friends for so long. I'm living my dream, and that's like the best thing ever, but I kind of wish they were here with me. I wiped off my tears and went back downstairs. Phil was on the couch, and he told me Scott went to shower, so I sat next to him.

" You're okay Roxanne ?" He asked as he looked at me briefly. "Did you cry ?" I hate that he knows me so well. "What's happening ?"

" Nothing, I just called Michael and ..." I started but felt the lump in my throat come back.

" You miss them right ?" He asked softly.

" Yeah, kinda, I've never been that far from them." I shrugged, trying to fight back tears.

" Awh, come here."

He opened his arms, and at first I was a bit reticent, but then let myself slip into his embrace. That's just a hug, it won't hurt me, him or even his girlfriend, so why not.

" You'll be fine Roxy, it's only been like 2 weeks, you have to give yourself time." He whispered in my hair, soothing me. "And in a few weeks, you'll be on the ring finally, living truly your passion, it'll make it easier, I promise. And I'm here for you don't forget it." He reassured me.