Chapter 5

A few days had gone by and Nicole and Gia were on smiling terms, it meant that whenever they saw each other they smiled and that's it.

Nicole did not text Gia since she got her number because she still spent most of her days depressed in her room.

A few weeks had passed since Ember last texted Nicole, and since then, there was complete silence on both sides.

Nicole tried to forget her past, but it was hard to move on. She wanted to talk to Gia, and make new friends, and get her new beginning, but the thought of it scared her.

It was a typical Saturday evening of Nicole staying in her room like a ghost, and other girls enjoying their day off.

The constant laughter and loud noises outside her room kept annoying her. She wanted to avoid being the old person waving her fist at them so that they stayed quiet.

Instead, she took the better, and more positive action. She decided to text Gia and invite her over for a meal.

Nicole took a deep breath, and after five minutes sent the scariest text of her life.

Nicole: hi :)

Nicole switched off the Wi-Fi and sat up straight on her bed. She started pulling the dry skin off her lips, and then finally built up the courage to switch on her phone's Wi-Fi.

A bell sound echoed in her room and she again took a deep breath to check the text.

Gia Hart: heyyy

That was quick!

Nicole: what's up?

And almost immediately, Gia replied.

Gia Hart: so bored. Don't feel like hanging out with my friends. Wbu?

'Does she not feel like hanging out with her friends or anyone? Does she want to hang out with me?' Nicole thought before she replied.

Nicole: in my bed thinking of how to spend the weekend.

Gia Hart: I can come over :D

Nicole smiled, she couldn't figure out how to invite her, and here she was inviting herself over, making her work easier.

Nicole: sure :)

Gia Hart: i will be there in a second only if you promise to keep up a conversation, and not sit silently

Nicole: done!

Gia smiled widely, she thanked the lord for not going out with her friends because if she would've done that, she wouldn't be hanging out with Nicole.

Gia had a massive crush on Nicole since day one. Nicole's arrogant behavior did turn her off a few times and once did genuinely hurt her, but for some reason she couldn't hate her.

She saw a deeply hurt person hiding behind the strong, arrogant persona.

The day she saw her tattoos was the day her crush got even stronger.

She quickly brushed her hair and applied very little perfume on her wrist. She smiled brightly in front of the mirror and left her room hurriedly, still smiling.

Nicole paced around the room waiting for her to come over. She felt nervous, she wanted to avoid taking this step, but she knew it was a step in the right direction. She needed to move on from her previous friendships, relationships. Not only that, but she had to stop closing off people for the rest of her life.

Gia took a deep breath when she reached outside of Nicole's room, and then knocked.

The girls opposite to Nicole's room who were creating a ruckus suddenly went quiet.