𝚌𝚑𝚞𝚙𝚊𝚌𝚊𝚋𝚛𝚊

Start from the beginning

"What signs?" The girl freaked at the thought of what the Greene man meant.

"Pregnancy, Sage." Hershel looked to her as if it was obvious.

"No. No way. There's no way I could be." Denial was the only thing she could say, the thought being completely impossible to her.

"Sage— it happens when you have sex." Hershel shrugged, but the woman shook her head in reply.

"I-I have protection. I have an IUD." She teared up at the thought. If the world hadn't turned to shit, and if David was still alive, she would've had it out by now but—

"How about, after your scheduled period comes, you let me know. When is it?" Hershel asked gently.

"Next week." She told him numbly.

"Well, I know this is going to be hard for you, especially since it's you, but I want you to take it easy until we know for sure." Hershel chuckled lightly as Sage only stared blankly ahead.

A baby... How the hell was she supposed to have a BABY? Sage felt tears weld in her eyes.

She looked to Hershel in a complete state of panic. "I don't think I can do this. I can't raise a little innocent baby in a world like this, Hershel. Maybe other people can, but I can't do it. And Daryl— he doesn't want to be a father!"

"Now, listen here, Sage. You need to take a deep breath. It's gonna be all right. You might not even be pregnant— it could be effects from giving blood or your eating habits. But even if you are— I think you'll be an amazing mother. I see how you care for Carl and how you worry about that missing girl."

Hershel lays a hand on her shoulder, giving it a squeeze as he tilts his head to make direct eye contact with her. "As for Daryl— if he loves you like I believe he does, he's gonna stand by you no matter what. Just don't say anything until you know for sure."

Sage nods, hearing him as if he were millions of miles away. "What do I tell Daryl?"

"Tell him it's because of your eating habits. You're not used to eating so much right now." Hershel smiled to her as she breathed in slowly, trying not to cry.

Sage then stands, wipes away any sign of the tears that were on her cheeks, and leaves the room. Outside, Sage passes everyone who surrounded the truck to discuss the search. Sage kept her head down so no one could see her blotchy face.

Without saying anything, she then opens her tent, and zips it shut, laying down and immediately falling asleep.

Peeking into the tent a few moments later, Daryl looks down at Sage who slept soundly in a curled up ball on their makeshift bed.

He was so incredibly worried about her, being sick. Part of him wanted nothing more than to curl up and lay with her, but he had to find that little girl like she would want him to.

In a way, Daryl could relate to the kid so much. She was abused by her daddy, scared, and now she's lost. Daryl recalled the time he got lost in the woods as a kid. It was absolute hell— even worse than today's world.

Not wanting to wake Sage up and bother her, Daryl went into large white house, not bothering to knock. He was on a mission to find Hershel, who was standing in the kitchen.