Kongpob

Shit! I had forgotten about Aim. I had promised to help him with his assignment at 1pm. I quickly ran to the TA office where I know Aim was waiting for me.

"Hey, I'm so sorry!!! I was busy doing something else and time overran."

"It's fine. Don worry. I started on it. Maybe you can help check? If it's correct, then I can continue."

I nodded and sat down to check his work, realizing it was correct.

"Aim, this is all correct! Fantastic. You didn't even need my help."

"Na. I did more reading over the weekend. But I still need you to check. Glad it's all right. What were you doing anyways? Its unlike you to be late."

"I was helping Forth with his work. He had trouble understanding his elective."

"Forth? You mean the head hazer? Thought he's on suspension."

"He is. But he has to still do his work. So was helping him. I'm actually impressed to see that he is dedicated about his studies. Didn't look like that sort."

"Na. I heard he's good. He's actually dedicated to his studies. Just playful plus a rep for being a swinging cheeky bisexual."

"Oh."

"His family comes from money but can't tell right? He doesn't share his family name in public because he doesn't want people fawning over him plus he tries to make sure the troubles he gets into doesn't escalate. Because otherwise his dad will come down hard on him."

"Well he could have avoided the fight. Silly him."

"I heard those boys were teasing and making fun of Lam's sexuality. And that irked Forth for he doesn't think that should even be an issue for heckling. That's why he stepped in. He could have handled it better. But he's just soft for his friends like that."

"You sound like you know him well Aim."

"Fairly? We are family friends so I known him since he was 5. He's a good kid Kong, just a little brutish."

I nodded my head in silence, storing the information away. I helped Aim and then I finally left around 5pm. I was starving as I had missed lunch. I went back to my dorm, intending to take a shower before going out to buy dinner.

As I got to my dorm, I found a package hanging there. There was food inside with a note; "thank you for the tutoring."

A smile just flitted over my face. I guess Aim was right. He was a good kid.