“Is this seat taken, lad?” 

Ahk looked up with watery eyes as he moved slightly allowing Teddy to take a seat beside him. 

“Fine, night isn’t it, my boy?” Teddy said in a soft voice. Ahkmenrah only nodded as Teddy lifted an arm up allowing the young man who he had adopted as his own son. Ahkmenrah snuggled close to the warmth, “Indeed it is” Ahk’s reply was cut short as the young man tried not to cry. 

“What is it, my boy?” Teddy asked, pulling Ahk into a standing position so they could walk home together. Stopping just before they left the park, Ahk tugged on Teddy’s hand, “Would you miss me if I was gone?” Ahk asked in a sad tone which made Teddy’s eyes widen, “Of course, my son. I would definitely. Where’s this come from?” he asked in a questioned gaze. 

Ahk shrugged his shoulders looking back at Teddy who wore a look that screamed ‘protective parental instincts’. “It’s just when I find happiness, It’s out of reach which means I can’t have it…” Ahk said as he let out a sob that he had been holding in for way to long. Teddy took a different turn knowing Ahk needed some time away from the museum. They took a seat on a park bench allowing Teddy to wrap his son up into his arms. “Is this about Nick?” Teddy asked the open air, he received a nod. Ever since their move to England, Teddy had noticed the sweet gazes Nick and Ahk shared. It was lovely to watch but inside Teddy always knew his son would get hurt and it seemed the two were hurting and not sharing this information with one another. Which could lead to a drastic change of events. 

Looking up Teddy saw what looked like bright colours in the sky, he urged Ahk forward. They had a general chat on the way back, soon tears turned into laughter which felt great to hear. The two made it back on time to the museum allowing Teddy to tuck his son into his bed and make it to horse in his regular attire. Larry smirked seeing the president back in his place just as the sun rose shining through the museum. 

It took a minute for Larry to find Nick only to smile when he found him staring at his jacket which was folded on the lobby table with a small flower lying on top of it. Larry gave Nick a few minutes to himself and then he announced his presence. 

“Dad?” 

“Yes son” 

“I got a message from Don and Mum. They have invited me to go and live out in Zante with them and I’m considering it…” Nick said with a smile while Larry had to keep his look of horror from his face.

“Really, what about Ibiza?” 

“Na, I don’t think it's for me. I just need a new start after Derek. Do you know what I mean?” Nick spoke with a fake smile. Larry only nodded, gesturing for his son to go on as the two left the museum. 

“I want a fresh start and with the wedding coming up, I want to be there for them. It’s just I hope you don’t mind, I want to move and I was going to ask If you would help me with the paperwork?” Nick asked taking his bag off his dad who only nodded not trusting his words. Nick smiled, hugging dad before walking off towards his apartment. Tears slipped down his face, he knew it would be hard but did it have to be this hard. Lying wasn’t his favourite thing to do but he needed a fresh start and maybe he should have taken Derek’s offer up instead of waiting on a fairytale. 

A week had passed since Tahmunrah had come to live with them at the museum and he had been on his best behaviour. Kahmunrah and Lancelot got on great, they bonded over their hate for Tahmunrah who tried everything to get near Ahkmenrah who seemed to be busy every time he asked or avoided him. Tahmunrah had been getting on everyone's good side and many exhibits had let down their guard. Which made snooping and getting information even easier. The middle brother of the Egyptian brothers was so polite it was unbelievable, he even helped with duties. Larry was starting to like him and even Nick got on with him. Speaking of the young man he had announced to his family that he would be leaving at the end of the month which gave them all 3 weeks to spend as much time with the young lad. Most of them were happy that Nick was following his dreams or so he told them while a few were not feeling so great about him leaving. Tahmunrah grinned having just learned some information, he would use it to his advantage in the near future.