Chapter 21 ( The Cure )

Hanni was finally awake after a few days of resting.

"Uh...mm...huh? Where am i? It smells like my house....*turns.... Haerin! I'm so sluggish, i get the feeling it'd be best not to get up." Said Hanni feeling guilty for putting Haerin through so much trouble and making her worry.

Meanwhile, outside Hanni's room, Haerin was quickly alarmed at the sound of Hanni, leaning on the door and listening closely, "Hanni's awake, she called for me! *twitch... Should i go in? Bu...but i was told to let her rest." Haerin immediately went to inform Danielle that Hanni was awake, happily wagging her tail as she goes.

*opens..... " Danielle? "

"Oh? What is it Haerin?"

"It looks like Hanni's awake."

Danielle quickly get up fixing her apron. "Thanks for letting me know."

"Yeah"

"You're not coming in?"

"The doctor told me to let her rest so I'll stay here, if there's anything you can call me in."

So Danielle went in without Haerin.
"Milady."

"Danielle?"

"How are you feeling?"

"Sluggish." Hanni replied feeling dizzy.

"Yes, i had Doctor Yeji look over you. It seems you had a cold."

"I...see..."

"She'll come back to look at you in a few days, all you need to do now is rest and you should get better soon. Also, I've made you something easy to eat."

"Hey, Danielle?"

"Yes?"

"Where's Haerin? The one who brought me here was Haerin, right? "

"Yes, Haerin is...."

Meanwhile, Haerin was sitting quietly outside Hanni's room as if guarding it.
"If i touch Hanni when she's this weak, i might break her. I geuss....i need to wait until she's at full health."

"She's been standing on alert near this room this entire time. So, Milady, please get well soon." said Danielle smiling.

"Yeah." Hanni replied feeling motivated to get well soon for Haerin's sake.

...

Seeing Danielle coming out from Hanni's room, she immediately get up.
"Danielle, is Hanni okay?"

"Yes, she should be able to eat something light. "

*phew...."That's good to hear." Haerin said feeling relieved.

"She's sleeping now....and also Haerin...
'I'll be better before you know it, so wait for me. I love you' is what she said."

"I...see...hehe~" Haerin wags her tail, happy at Hanni's message.

"You should get a little rest too Haerin."

"I'll be fine, i can handle this much."

"You've been awake ever since you've arrived here, right? You'll make Milady sad if you were to collapse out of exhaustion."

"R... right."

...

The next day,
Doctor Yeji came to check up on Hanni as usual.

"Yup.....you seem to be doing okay. Your fever has gone down, so just eat and sleep and you'll be as good as new." Said Doctor Yeji after checking Hanni's pulse.