♡18♡

~Flashback- Two Months ago~

Luz and Amity sit in the back room of the CATTS headquarters, watching Lillie pour ingredients into a small cauldron.

"So," Luz starts, "How confident are you that this is gonna work?" She asks Lillie, leaning against the table. "Well, this particular blend's average success rate is only about 27 percent. However, it has the lowest amount of side effects for a potion with more than 25% effectiveness."

"So, explain to me again how this works?" Amity asks, not leaving her seat as a brown-haired witch walks in, with soft green eyes and an iconic fishhook earring.

"Viney and I make the potion." Lillie starts, gesturing to the Brown-haired witch. Viney sets a small jar of amber-colored liquid onto the table. "And You or Luz, whoever plans on carrying, drinks it." She uses a dropper to put the amber liquid into the cauldron. "Then, you wait about six hours, have your intimate relations, and hope that you end up pregnant in two months."

Amity takes a moment to process the information. "Is the potion hard to make?" Luz asks. Lillie shakes her head. "Not really. It does require some training in a few different types of magic, hence why Viney is here."

"I'm here to cover the tracks that Lil doesn't have, like beast-keeping." Viney says, pointing to the jar. "Firebee honey."

"And healing." Lillie says, continuing to stir. "What's the healing magic fo-OW!" Luz is cut off when Viney sticks a small syringe into her arm, drawing a few milliliters of blood.

Lillie sighs. "Viney, you can't just do that." she chuckles. "Sorry Luz."

"Look, I figured if that one" Viney gestures to Amity, "is anything like her sister, then she's no good with needles."

Amity pouts. "Hey! I'm better with needles then Emira is."

"Aside from that, what if Luz was the one carrying?" Lillie raises a brow, and Luz quickly shakes her head. "No way. That's way too terrifying."

"That's fine." Amity says, hugging Luz. "This time around, I'll be your fearless champion."

"Awww..." Luz coos, hugging Amity.

Viney sets the syringe down on the table. Lillie continues to mix the ingredients together, humming a small tune. Soon, that tune becomes a full song.

"Then you walked in my room and like sparks in the dark~ Life was sudden-ly thrilling and new~"

The others listen closely.

"What's between you and I~ Just a comfortable lie~ I'm the fool who believes, when you look in my eyes~"

Viney watches with slight sparkles in her eyes.

"Prince~ All alone~ Upon~ your throne~ Your power~ is~ so~~ frail~"

Lillie starts using the dropper to put more fire bee honey in the potion.

"You raise your voice~ You have no choice~ Inside~ your gil-ded~ Jail~~~"

Viney claps excitedly. "Yeah! Bard magic baby! Now we're getting somewhere!"

Lillie bites her lip. "Actually, I just thought it was too quiet in here." she chuckles. Viney mouths an 'o'. Luz and Amity snicker.

"Yeah, the bard magic part is very specific. It's the last part of the potion, but it's also optional. It's really just meant to offer a sense of calm-mindedness. Especially since pregnancy can be stressful. So," Lillie turns her head to Luz and Amity, "I'd recommend a song that's slower-paced, or maybe a lullaby your parents sang you when you were young."