EIGHTEEN

EIGHTEEN

Jameson had been staying with me for a week.

After things got a little too heated, he started taking the air mattress at the start of every night, always ending up in my bed anyways. I didn't mind waking up with his arms around me one bit.

It was hard, not just planting a kiss on his lips every morning, or when he brought me a drink so I didn't have to get up, or when we were mid-conversation and I zoned out on his face. I wanted to move this along, of course I did. But I wanted to be sure that my feelings weren't strictly physical before escalating it.

Obviously, being his mate meant more to him than he let on. I could tell when I brought it up and his eyes lit up with hope. He must have been taught at an early age that soulmates were forever.

I didn't want to kiss him because it felt right in the moment and then regret it.

Jameson meant so much to me and I was more than happy to have him back in my life. We were attracted to each other on a physical level, to say the least. I constantly wanted to attack his neck with kisses when he was shirtless and sit on his lap when he was minding his business. I saw the way he looked at me, too.

So we were taking things slow. We were just trying to catch up on each other's lives, get to know the new and improved us, and adjust to having each other in our lives again.

It was the following Saturday and I was catching up on some homework at my desk. Jameson was, ironically, hooked on Teen Wolf and was mindlessly watching season four on my bed.

"Petals?" he said, making me swivel around in the chair. "I'd like to take a drive today, if you'll join me. I found something I think you'll love."

I quirked an eyebrow in curiosity. "What did you find?"

"It's a surprise," he grinned. "So finish your work so we can go."

He didn't have to tell me twice. I rushed through the last of my assignments and packed it up. I stood over him at the edge of the bed with a shy smile, showing him that I was done.

Jameson paused his show and smiled up at me. "Is someone excited for their surprise?" he teased, climbing off the bed to find some pants and his shoes. I shoved him by the arm, which only made him laugh.

I waited for him to get dressed and blushed when he kissed my cheek out of the blue. Once we were bundled up and ready to go out into the nippy winter air, we headed out to his car. I settled into the passenger's seat and buzzed with excitement.

I loved surprises. The anticipation was my favorite part.

We drove for fifteen minutes or so before I was told to close my eyes. I couldn't fight the smile for long as I closed my eyes and placed my hands over them. I had no idea where we were going.

Another five minutes must have gone by and I was getting antsy. "I'm gonna peek," I lied.

"Don't you dare," Jameson said and I yelled when he ruffled my hair. "We're pretty much there, just be patient."

I hummed annoyingly, messing with him to push his buttons. The car came to a stop and I waited for instruction. I heard him unbuckle his seatbelt, so I did too, eyes still shut tightly. Then I heard his door open and shut, then mine opened beside me.

"Do I have to keep my eyes shut?" I whined. He reached for my hands and tugged, helping me out of the vehicle.

"Yes, my love," he said, which had my whole body on fire. He didn't let go of one of my hands, just dragging me with him across uneven ground. "Just a little bit of walking but be careful."