BOY YEARNS FOR VIOLENT DELIGHTS

ابدأ من البداية

And Azula didn't make it better. At first, she did. Their friendship was meaningful (or so San thought) and they'd laugh together (but sometimes she laughed at her) and she even kept her favourite hairpin (San figured she threw it away). They were the best of friends but suddenly, they weren't. And maybe San had been too naive, maybe she just looked away from the signs too soon, maybe the authenticity of their friendship had been all made up in her head. She should've known. The hottest fires always burn blue and she should've stayed away.

At fourteen, she heard Zuko was to be banished for his dishonour. The only way he could regain his honour would be to find the Avatar, who had vanished at the beginning of the Hundred Year War. San follows him without telling Azula.

Everyone in the Fire Nation knew Zuko as the burnt child. The scar on the left side of his face was hard to miss. Burned by the very callous hand of his father, he lost his hearing and vision on the left side and was scarred for life. Even after his scar supposedly healed and the bandages could come undone, he'd rather stare at the sun than the mirror reminding him of what a failed Prince—a failed son—he was. He had been burned, left to remain buried in his shameful rage of ashes.

But despite the clouds of smoke rising from the flames and covering the skies in soot, Zuko realises there is someone out there, right under his nose, burning. He sees San, crouched in her lonesome surrounded by the crackling fires who spit on her but always misses. He sees her burning but not burnt. He realises he wants to help but to help, he had to go through the flames and burn again.

But since it's San, Zuko decides he will burn again just to make sure she's safe and sound.

DESCENDING SUN!
San, the everlasting star who outshines all

DESCENDING SUN!San, the everlasting star who outshines all

"To me, you will be unique in all the world.
And to you, I shall be unique in all the world."

THE LITTLE PRINCE (2015)

"He was another knife I could feel it. A different sort, but a knife still. I did not care. I thought: give me the blade. Some things are worth spilling blood for."

MADELEINE MILLER (CIRCE)