Disaster strikes

While Sonic and Amy were being all lovey-dovey, Eggman had been hiding in the bushes nearby, watching the whole show. He grinned, as he thought to himself, 

I always knew that blue bastard had a thing for that pink rascal.

Then, he quietly ordered Orbot and Cubot to begin phase 1 of their plan...

***

"Amy, I-I love you..." Sonic finally broke the silence between he and Amy after a very long while.

Amy blushed even more, Sonic had said the three-worded phrase! To her! 

"I-I-I love you too Sonic," Amy replied, holding onto Sonic's shoulders, not wanting to break the hug.

Suddenly, the shrubs nearby rustled and a giant green robot that resembled Gamma emerged. 

"What the-" Amy said before the green robot reached out and swung her to the side, resulting in her catapulting into a nearby tree.

"Amy! Grrr, EGGMAN!" Sonic shouted in anger as he witnessed the evil genius emerge from the bushes, a wide grin on his egg-shaped head. 

"OHOHOHOHO, well hello Sonic. Did I, interrupt your romantic day with your girlfriend?" Eggman asked, smiling as the green robot stumbled towards Amy with heavy footsteps.

"This here is my new robot, Alpha, say hello Alpha," Eggman smiled cunningly as Alpha shot out a claw from its robotic hand to grab Sonic. 

Sonic leaped into the air before the claw could touch him and dashed towards the robot. 

"Heh, you look a lot like Gamma, don't you Alpha?" Sonic teased before he spin-dashed into Alpha's body with all his might. 

Upon dropping back onto the ground, Sonic looked up, but was shocked to find that Alpha was still perfectly spotless, the area where Sonic had spin-dashed into wasn't dented or anything. 

"You fool, Alpha is way stronger than you think. You're gonna need more than just that ball you roll yourself into to defeat it. Alpha, commence phase 2." 

"Yes, doctor."

Alpha immediately stretched out to pick Amy up with one claw, as the other pinned onto Sonic, preventing him from stopping it. 

"Hey! Let. Me. Go!" Sonic exclaimed as he struggled to open the robot's claw, pulling and gripping, but the claw just held on to his tiny body.

"Ugh, my head... Wait, what! Hey! Let me go!" Amy woke up, only to find herself wrapped up tightly in a green claw. 

"Sonic!" Amy cried, tears pouring out of her eyes as Alpha let Sonic go and flew out of view, still clutching Amy tightly. 

"Ohohoho, see you soon Sonic," Eggman laughd haughtily before flying after Alpha.

"Amy!" Sonic cried after Alpha, before running as quickly as he could to try and catch up with Alpha.

When Alpha was back in sight, Sonic gathered all the strength he had in his legs to jump, in an attempt to reach Alpha, but he was soon plummeting back to Earth...

*many attempts later*

Sonic crouched on the grass, frowning as he was deep in thought.

*Sonic's POV*

Grrrrr, Eggman. I should have known he would attack soon, now it's my fault that Amy was kidnapped. And that stupid robot, I could have rescued Amy, but it just had to pin me down.

 Grrr, I'm coming after you Eggman, if you dare to even lay a finger on Amy, you will never see the light again.

(Sonic's eyes glow green as his quills turn darker)