Tails' workshop

"Hey Tails! Sorry I'm late, I was being chased again," Sonic casually said as he entered his best friend's workshop.

"Hey Sonic! Glad you're here, I was wondering if you could help me test out a new invention," Tails replied as Sonic greeted him.

"Sure, no problem," Sonic said.

While testing out Tails' new invention (which was an invention to help open up stuck vacuum tanks), Tails decided to ask Sonic,

"Hey Sonic, just now you said that you were being chased, was it Amy again?"

"Yea, she's back at it again. You know, sometimes I really wonder where her perseverance comes from, she has so much energy to chase the fastest thing alive daily, it's amazing how she doesn't get tired," Sonic sighed before voicing out his wonders to Tails.

"I agree, Amy is quite energetic. But then again, she is in love with you Sonic, she probably wants to catch up with you so that you two can be on the same level. Since you're quite hard to catch up with, that's the only explanation I got," Tails replied matter of factly as a small smirk spread across his face.

Sonic nodded slightly, it was true. Amy was madly in love with him, even though he had tried to express that he didn't feel the same way. No matter how many times Sonic had rejected and ran away from Amy, Amy would still make a come back eventually and the whole cycle would repeat again. It had been like this for the past 4 years or so.

***

Sonic's POV

Amy has been chasing me for as long as I can remember, she has never stopped. How long will she keep doing this? I can't be running away from her forever! She has to stop now or sooner, too much rejection would not do much good to that cute personality of hers. Wait, did I just think her personality is cute?

*shakes head* Anyway, I hope she stops soon and accepts the fact that I don't like her back. I really don't know how much longer I have to put up with her over-obsessiveness. 

***

Tails' POV

Sonic, Sonic, Sonic. You really don't understand how much Amy loves you. She has been heads over heels with you for all eternity, and is committed to making you fall in love with her. All this chasing is just her way of showing her affection towards you, nothing more. 

*sigh* Maybe one day, you will realize that her love for you is pure, and that you can't live without her chasing...

***

Author's note

Hey guys! Just another short chapter on Sonic and Tails' character development, but don't worry! More juicy stuff will come soon :)

Love yall!