Obvious change

After the slight meltdown earlier, Amy trudged back to her house and slammed the door. Today was not a good day at all.

Amy sighed and slumped down onto her bed, she laid back down and shut her eyes, trying to get rid of the negativity slurring within her.

***

Outside of Amy's house

Rouge was trying her best to remain quiet, as she sneakily headed over to Amy's house to check up on her. 

Meanwhile, Sonic was speeding on over to Amy's house, her fit just now raising a concern.

Suddenly, Rouge and Sonic bumped into each other and fell to the ground. 

"Ouch!" they cried in unison.

"Sonic! What are you doing here?" Rouge asked accusingly.

"What am I doing here? What are you doing here?" Sonic retorted.

"I'm just checking up on Amy over here because she has been acting weird," Rouge said.

"That's what I'm doing too!" Sonic shouted back.

"Shhh!" Rouge shushed Sonic, Amy could have heard them.

***

"Wait, Amy lost her patience with you and shouted at you?" Rouge exclaimed, her eyes widening. 

"Yes, I-I wasn't expecting that. But it's something I know that Amy wouldn't do, and that there's definitely something up. What's shocking is that she shouted at me, her hero," Sonic explained, getting all the more infuriated with how Amy shouted at him.

"Well Sonic, there is something you should know..." Rouge mumbled.

"What is it?"

"Amy umm... has been rethinking her feelings for you... she feels dejected because of the constant... rejection she's been receiving..."

"..."

"Umm, Sonic? You there?" 

But Sonic was too shocked to speak, the only thought going through his mind then was that he was the cause of Amy's change in behavior...

"I-I-I gotta go," Sonic stuttered after quite some time before rushing off.

***

Sonic's POV

No, this can't be true! I-I didn't mean for her to react like this! I- no, you can't blame me for rejecting her so many times because I don't like her and she is such a tryhard! It's not my fault!

I've tried countless times to tell her that I don't reciprocate her feelings, but does she listen? NooooOOOooo, she just has to keep trying until I do fall for her. She brought this upon herself, I've just been respecting my stand in this friendship and trying to tell her nicely how I feel. 

It's not my fault.