Losing his cool

After running off from Rouge earlier, Sonic sprinted back to his house to escape from all his thoughts. No matter how many times he told himself that Amy brought her sadness upon herself, something deep within him told him otherwise.

That he was the cause.

Sonic knew well that he didn't like Amy romantically, but after all the drama recently, he started to rethink.

***

Sonic's POV

Ughhh, this all used to be so simple! I didn't like Amy and she was madly infatuated with me. But, she's been so... different and upset lately, I- why do I feel this... this pain within me? Why do I feel this force pulling me to get up and go to her house to check up on her? Why... do I miss her chasing and her telling me that she loves me...?

Do I... like Amy...?

Maybe some rest will do the trick.

***

And so, Sonic soon drifted off to sleep on his couch, trying to clear his mind.

***

"Amy! Where are you?" Sonic shouted at the top of his lungs.

He had ended up in a deep dark forest after tripping on a branch, and he was just with Amy moments ago. He was confused, scared, and worried for Amy's safety. Where could she have gone?

"Amy! Can you hear me? Amy!" 

Suddenly, Sonic heard someone call his name. It sounded like Amy.

"Amy!" he hollered, running as fast as he could towards the source of the scream.

To his horror, he came to find a lifeless Amy, within the grasp of one of Eggman's robots, smirking at him viciously as it dropped Amy's body with a loud thud. 

"NoooooooOOOOOOOO!" Sonic screamed. 

He instantly leaped at the robot, smashing it into pieces in one blow. All the anger within him getting released as he crashed into the metal hoard. 

He rushed on over to Amy's side, cupping the back of her head with his hands. 

"Amy, w-wake up! Amy!" Sonic shook Amy, hoping she would open her eyes and look at him.

But she didn't.

"N-no, A-Amy! Amy!" Sonic desperately shook Amy with all his might, water surrounding his eyes with every shake. He bent down to kiss Amy, right on the lips, hoping that she was just waiting for a smooch, but she still didn't come to...

"Amy... Amy! AMY WAKE UP! AMY PLEASE! THIS ISN'T FUNNY!" Sonic was practically howling, tears flowing out of his eyes and onto Amy's face. The shimmery tears rolled off Amy and onto the ground, disappearing in a cloud of mist.

Soon, everything wafted into mist and slowly drifted away, everything except Sonic. Sonic looked around, wiping the tears that blurred his vision. He looked back and forth, until he was surrounded by a dark embrace. 

"You have failed her," came a deep voice out of nowhere.

"What the- ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" was all Sonic could say before he felt himself plummeting into an endless hole...

***

"OW!" Sonic yelped as he rolled off his couch and landed splat on the hard floor.

His head throbbed as he picked himself up. Sonic raised his hands to touch his eyes, only to find that they were soaked with tears,

"I-I was crying?" Sonic asked himself, shocked. 

He quickly wiped them away and looked around. He was still in his house. He ran to the nearest bathroom and stared into the mirror, his face was perfectly fine (apart from tear stains around his eyes). 

"I-it was all a nightmare?" Sonic quivered, remembering the deep voice that had felt so real, 

"You have failed her."

And Amy's lifeless body...

Sonic nervously sat back down on his couch and placed his hands on his head, trying to maintain his composure. All the bizarre events in his nightmare had left a mark on him emotionally, and he couldn't help but fret a little.

For a few very long minutes, Sonic just sat there and breathed nervously, in his mind was the image of Amy's lifeless body and his hopeless shaking, repeating itself over and over again...