Confronting his feelings

"Ugh, I can't stop thinking about that nightmare..." Sonic mumbled to himself as he was taking an evening run. 

He shook his head, as if it would knock the recurring nightmare out of his mind, and continued running down a stone path. Sonic was still very confused about the whole rollercoaster of emotions he had gone through in that nightmare, the dreaded feeling of pain, sadness, and others. It was all new to him, sure he had been sad when his favorite chili dog place closed down earlier that week, but this sadness was different, much much different.

It brought about the sense of loss too...

Suddenly, while running, Sonic caught a tinge of pink at the corner of his eye. He immediately slowed down and looked. 

"Amy?" he called. 

"S-Sonic?" that familiar voice called back.

"Amy!" Sonic replied before running towards the source of the call.

***

Sonic ran at the speed of sound, and came to find Amy sitting underneath a big tree, in her hands was a hot pink journal and a blue ball pen. 

"S-Sonic? What are you doing here?" Amy asked, her eyebrows raising.

"I was just, you know, taking an evening run. Are you okay? You've been acting funny lately, everyone is worried. Oh, and err... sorry about that day... I was concerned about you and didn't think that you would take it as if I was calling you crazy," Sonic said, his eyes looking down onto the floor as he finished his sentence. 

***

Amy's POV

H-he was concerned about me? 

***

Sonic's POV

Geez, her face is turning a bit red... it's actually kind of cute, heh. Wait, I just called her cute again... 

***

"You know what, it's fine. I forgive you. And I didn't know everyone was that concerned, I was just having a bad day I guess," Amy replied, a small smile slowly appearing on her face. 

Sonic smiled back and asked if he could sit beside Amy, for he wanted to tell her something. Amy blushed a little, before nodding her head. And so, Sonic slowly found a nice spot beside Amy and sat down, leaning against the bark as he turned his head to look at Amy. 

"So... what did you want to tell me?" Amy asked, her face turning a bit serious looking.

"Oh, I uh... I- I had this nightmare recently and I think I've realized something from it..." Sonic stuttered, his face getting more and more flustered as he spoke.

*Sonic told Amy about his nightmare*

Amy was speechless, her eyes were as wide as saucers and she noticed that Sonic's cheeks were slightly pinkish. 

There was silence between them, before Amy felt someone pulling her off the ground and pushing her into the bark of the tree. 

"W-what the- Sonic!" Amy nervously yelped, as Sonic stood before her, his gloved hands grabbing her shoulders. Their faces were really close to, and Amy's heart couldn't help but palpitate faster than before.

***

Amy's POV

Gosh, what on Mobius is he doing? Our faces are so close... I-I think I'm going to faint soon...

***

Sonic's POV

*sigh* Okay, it's now or never Sonic, just tell her how you feel and everything will be okay... I hope...

***

"A-Ames, I was really worried about you in the nightmare... and it's because I-I..." Sonic tried to say what was on his mind, but it was as if his mouth wouldn't let the words escape, and he struggled to tell Amy how he really felt. 

Without thinking, Sonic pulled Amy towards him and landed his lips on hers. 

"Sonic-mmph!" Amy was cut off as Sonic pressed his lips onto hers with great force, his hands slowly making their way to her waists as her hands instinctively went up to his shoulders. 

Amy could feel Sonic's muscular shoulders as they embraced each other. It all felt so surreal, but they were actually kissing. Amy blissfully closed her eyes and immersed in the moment, as one of Sonic's hands removed itself from her waist to her hair and gripped it with minimal force...

After some time, Amy could feel her feet leaving the air as Sonic lifted her up, their lips still locked, and suspended her in mid-air. Amy blushed furiously, this was all she had ever imagined, and now she was living it. 

***

Many minutes went by, and soon Sonic parted his lips from Amy's, hand still cupping her hair. They gazed into each other's eyes, love sparking between them. Sonic smiled, and Amy smiled back. 

"Sonikku..." she cooed as Sonic pulled her in for a hug, wrapping his hands around her and placing his chin on the top of her head. 

They remained like this for a good 15 minutes...