Chapter 29

Annie

Its cold outside, but it feels good on the skin. I am walking through the grass barefoot, by our waterfall. I sit on a rock and take in the scene. I love this place; it is my home.

"You did it." A familiar voice says behind me. I look to find the old hag. Oddly enough I don't hate her anymore. But wait I was shot, am I dead.

"No, you are not dead. You are just in the in between." Can she read my mind?

"What does that mean" I say.

"You can make the choice." She says sitting next to me. "Cross over, or go back to your king."

I smile at her. And she laughs. "I figured that."

"Why did you curse James." I ask. She frowns and looks down.

"It was never supposed to last that long." She says. "I wanted to punish him, but figure it would be breaking within a few years. Not 1000. But once the spell is cast, there is no stopping it. It needs to be broke, with the original requirements. After I casted it, I learned King James was not an evil king. It was his uncle who was corrupt and evil. I knew I needed to help break it, to save the people from that man. What he did to those poor animals. Side note" She adds "I have returned them all to their original state. There is no more Howl month." I smile thank goodness.

"Anyways I kept sending people in to help break it, but no one had that connection with him like you. Then I met your grandmother. I saw a chance, something in her was a sign to me. I took James's necklace and then gave it to your grandfather to give to your grandmother. He asked how much, I told him I had no family to pass it down too, it was free as long as it was passed down over the years. Your mom fell in love at a young age so I knew it was not her. Then you came into the light. I knew it was you."

"Wow you are pretty sneaky" I say laughing. She smiled.

"I'm sorry for all the suffering I have created. But for the most part it all ended the way it was meant to." She then took a deep breath and says. "Now it is time for you to wake up."

"I blink my eyes opened; I am in the same med bay I seem to wake up in a lot. I put my hand on my lap to feel an oddly swollen stomach. What the fuck, maybe from being shot my stomach swelled up. I look around the room, there is a man sleeping in the bed next to me. He looks familiar but not sure why. I sit up and then the guy wakes up and hops out of bed.

"Your awake." HE says and runs to my side. He is very handsome, blue eyes, and pointed ears. He must be fay. He kneels by me and takes my hands. Tingles go through my body which makes me jump. Only one person could do that to me. I look at his eyes, Oh my gosh it's him. As a human, or Fay whatever.

"James" I say to him. He smiles and he hugs me.

"Yes, it is me. I was so worried you have been in a comma for 6 months." I see tears in his eyes. "I was so worried you would never wake up. I was so scared. I can't lose you"

"6 month, how the fuck did I get fat then. I thought coma patients lost weight that way." I can't believe I just said that. He just laughs

"You're not fat your 8-months pregnant."

"What" I say

"We are going to be parents" he said kissing me.

"Wait I was pregnant 2 months before"

"Yes, turns out you have been pregnant since the first night we were together."

I look at him and smile with tears in my eyes. "No wonder I was crying a lot during that time." He just laughs and hugs me.