Chapter 57: Alola League Part VII - Rise

Start from the beginning

There was brief silence. Delphox suddenly wrapped her arms around Serena.

"You chose me."

Now it was Serena's turn to be confused. "Huh?"

"You chose me to be your partner, and you shared my interests and motivated me to keep pursuing them. You also took care of me, loved me, helped me when I was down, protected me with your life, inspired me to never give up, and...helped me confess my true feelings for Greninja...I can keep going on and on but you see my point right? You are everything to me Serena, there's nothing I wouldn't do for you. I will always be here for you, to protect you with my life. Serena...I love you."

Fresh tears fell down Serena's face. She buried herself into Delphox's chest. The two held each other close for a little longer before finally separating. After calming down Serena got back up.

"We should head back out now don't you think?"

Delphox nodded. Before Serena could leave, Delphox gripped her arm. Serena turned to look at her.

"What's wrong?"

"Wait here a sec" she said.

Serena just nodded. Delphox ran out of the locker room at high speed. After a couple minutes she returned out of breath and her hands behind her back.

"Haah, haah, I found it...!" She said between breaths.

"Found what?"

Delphox revealed a bag from behind her back. She gave it to Serena. Once Serena opened it, she gasped at what she was seeing.

"Th-This is...!"

It was her outfit that she wore when she first started her journey, even her pink hat was included. She looked and saw Delphox smiling.

"What better way to show everyone how far you've come than looking just like when you started?"

Serena smiled. She quickly changed into her old clothes. She emerged again with everything on except her hat.

"Looking good! How does it fit?"

"It's fits great, although it's a little tight in the chest" Serena said.

"I wonder if Ash will notice that too" Delphox teased.

Serena blushed heavily as she wrapped her arms around her chest. This caused Delphox to laugh. She then formed a smug grin.

"And has Greninja noticed yours yet? Or have you not pulled them out yet?"

Now Delphox blushed heavily and hugged her chest. "Th-Th-That's none of your b-b-business!"

The two suddenly laughed. After it ended, Serena reached into her bag.

She pulled out her precious red ribbon. She stared at it for a moment, admiring it again. This ribbon was everything to her now, and she'll always wear it proudly. She closed her eyes as she wrapped the red ribbon around her neck. After tying it, she opened her eyes with a new burst of determination. She smiled at Delphox again.

"Let's go...partner."

Delphox smiled and nodded. Serena put her hat on as the two made their way back towards the battlefield.

*present*

Tapu Lele cried out as psychic energy covered the field.

"That's Tapu Lele's ability, Psychic Surge. It works similarly to Tapu Koko's" Kukui explained.

The others grew nervous but didn't let it show. Serena took a deep breath.

Serena waved her arm. "Flamethrower!"