Panicked, Haerin quickly rushed inside.
"Hanni? Wha.... what's wrong?"

"Haerin....it appears I'm not feeling very well."

Humans, fragile and weak. Once they get in contact with diseases, they often die. No, it can't be, Hanni won't die.

"GET SOME SLEEP!" Haerin said panicked.

"Okay."

"WARM YOURSELF UP!"

"Okay."

"IS THERE ANYTHING YOU WANNA EAT?"

"Hmm...Not right now..."

So, Hanni had her sleep meanwhile Haerin who was getting super anxious frequently checkes upon her.

"Hanni told me not to worry about her, but.... Humans are fragile, it didn't take much to injure them....
Maybe, i could make her something that's easy to swallow."

...

It was night time, the food prepared by Haerin was also left untouched.

"Hanni's... Not eating at all... Her body's also hotter than usual. She looks like she's in pain." Haerin's ears dropped down, feeling sad that Hanni wasn't feeling well.
"If she's hot, maybe i should cool her down." She immediately went to wet some clothes.
"But she said she was cold....
What should i do...." Her mind was battling hard, and before she knew it, her tears were already streaming down her cheeks.

HUMANS ARE.... FRAGILE.

Haerin bitterly wiped her tears away and proceed to put the wet clothes onto Hanni's forehead.
Not before long, morning came.
Hanni was panting hard, which made Haerin more uneasier.
To soothe her pain, Haerin slept beside her and hugger her tightly, afraid that she'll lose Hanni and with that time around, dawn came in the blink of an eye.

...

At the Pham Manor,
Danielle was doing her daily night time routines. Checking all things around the house. *rattle....bang....slam.... she suddenly heard a loud noise and the breaking and shattering of glasses.

"What was that noise?"She quickly rushed to inspect the situation and saw a panicked Haerin with a passed out Hanni on her back.

Danielle quickly helped them, and laid Hanni in bed. Haerin wasn't moving an inch and stayed beside Hanni's bed.

"Haerin?" Danielle called her out.

"I know....that...humans are weak. Even i read about human bodies in books.
Right now.... There's nothing i can do if she becomes sick...
Nothing... I.... have thoughts like....
If Hanni dies......What would i do?..." Haerin couldn't controlled her tears anymore, she felt hurt seeing her lover suffering alone while she can't do anything to ease her pain.

Danielle pat Haerin's back to calm her.
"Haerin, it'll be alright. It's true that humans are weak creatures who dies quickly. However, they're not as weak as you think they are. That said, you shouldn't make light of illness." Danielle holds Haerin's hands.
"Thank you Haerin, for bringing Lady Hanni all the way back and relying on the Pham family. Thanks to you, Milady should get through her illness just fine. She'll be better before you know it." *smiles...

Danielle's words seemed to have much effect on Haerin, she looked at her with teary eyes filled with hope.
She hugged Danielle but quickly realized.
"HAH! It just happened..." Haerin quickly pushed Danielle away.
"Hanni told me i shouldn't do this with other people."

Danielle smiled sweetly and hugged Haerin. "You're anxious and worried, right? At times like this, a hug can help you calm down. How is it?" *pats pats.

It worked, Haerin was feeling better than before.
".... It seems different from Hanni...but...
Like I've said!..." She quickly break away from the hug. " I PROMISED I WOULDN'T DO THIS KIND OF THING WITH ANYONE EXCEPT HANNI."

"I suppose." Danielle just smiled it off.
"But you seemed to have cheered up a little, Haerin. If you feel quilty about it, just tell Milady that i did it out of my own accord."

Then, night time came. Haerin was asked to eat something since she hasn't even eaten anything since their arrival, and once she finished, she hurriedly went back and stayed near Hanni's bedroom door. Danielle came and told her, " A doctor's looking over Milady right now. She said it's most likely a common cold. But she said she'd like her to rest until she said she's okay." And Danielle left to do her chores.

"Ah! I was so panicked that i forgot to wear shoes. Anyway, i hope Hanni get well soon."
Haerin felt a little at ease after hearing Hanni was okay. Then suddenly the doctor came out from Hanni's room.

"What's a monster like you doing at this kind of place? You lost?" Said the doctor.

Haerin was left speechless, then suddenly the doctor came closer to inspect her.

"Ah!"

"What kind of monster are you? You're a human type but you've got scales so you're a dragon type? But you've got the ears of a beast-type . Are you able to tranform? Are u mimicking humans?" The doctor bombarded her with questions after inspecting her thoroughly.

"Eh..... erhmm....."

"You're pretty cautious huh? Did you experience some painful trauma regarding humans?" *smirk.... The doctor said smoking her cigarette, surely smart to tell just from reading Haerin's expression.

Haerin was caught pretty offguard, she felt as if her throat was being choked.

"Just kidding. I want to talk to you again. You're staying here right?...
My name is Yeji...
Hwang Yeji. They said I'm talented but im just a shady doctor." Said Doctor Yeji and was preparing to leave.

"I... It's true i don't like humans that much. But... I think they're all like that. That's what i came to believe." Haerin said avoiding eye contacts.

Doctor Yeji's scan her thoroughly and said, "Yep, see you around, little monster." *wave wave.

Haerin went to the balcony to cool her head, " What was with her? Was she the doctor who came to look at Hanni?
*sigh.... Is Hanni fine now.... I missed her."

...

A/n : Hi guys!
Exam's almost over, so hang in there.
Updates will be frequent soon.🥲
Anyway, stay healthy y'alls 💙