A day in the life of Bertholdt

"Ah... I don't think this is good for our plans..." I say quietly as Eren titan once again appears out of control and hostile.

"Don't worry. We can make this work." Reiner whispers.

~A day in the life of Bertholdt~
WARNING: Spoilers for you anime-only people

In the barracks...

"Yo Bert, just exactly how tall are you?" Connie asks with a grin.

"I'm uh..." I start but then get interrupted.

"How'd you get so tall?" Jean asks from a bunk bed.

"Yeah Bertl. What's your secret?" Eren snickers.

"Well I don't really have any sort of secret..." I say quietly.

"Aw c'mon, the only one close to your height is Mike. But he's an adult!" Armin says.

"Hmpf. He's probably taller than Mike." Reiner says from the doorway. "I bet he's over 50 meters tall." I start to sweat as Reiner slyly smirks in my direction.

"I bet Bert here could look right over the top of Wall Maria." He says and slaps me on the back.

"Cut it out, Reiner." I say, sweating.

All the guys, even Jean and Armin are laughing at the joke. I guess they didn't pick up on the hints. Whew. I look at Reiner and smack him on the back of the head, but his smirk doesn't falter for a second.

In the mess hall...

"What is this..." I ask looking at the food. Reiner is already grinding into his full plate of food, not taking even a second glance at whatever slop this is.

I'm not particularly hungry for this stuff, so I decide not to eat lunch right now. I look around the room and see Sasha eating even faster than Reiner!

"Yo, Reiner look man!" He's gotta see this. He looks up with food dribbling down his lip. He grabs his mug of water and gulps half of it down to clear his airway and says, "What is it?"

"Look dude, it's Sasha! She's going at her food like it's the last meal she'll ever eat! She's way faster than you!" I know Reiner takes pride in his consumption speed so I'm not surprised when I see him stand up for a better look. When he sees Sasha inhaling her food, he gets out of his seat and goes over to her. Of course I gotta see this now.

"Hey there Braus, I see that you're eating rather quickly there. If you knew what was good for you, you'd slow down a notch. You could get indigestion from eating so fast." Reiner says. I can hear the subtle hint of a threat in his statement. Apparently so does Sasha.

"Hmm... I don't think it's a real problem how fast I eat. I'm not hurting anyone. Thanks for the consideration Reiner, but I have a strong stomach." She says. Dayum! Reiner is shocked. He almost doesn't know what to say.

"Oh yeah, you think you can eat like a pig? I bet I can beat you at your own game." Reiner says after a moment. Sasha grins.

"Let's see then. I love me some friendly competition. Especially involving food!" She yells excitedly.

So after we've gathered a croud, and enough food for these two behemoths, I hold up their mugs of water as starting flags.

"Okay yous guys, I want a good clean match here. I wanna see some roughin' up of course, but nothin' serious." Connie announces in a boisterous and loud voice in a funny accent.

"The rules, of course, are the winner is whoever can finish first-not exaggerating when I say this, folks-their COLOSSAL PLATTERS OF BREAD!!!" Connie shouts as he suddenly jumps onto a table. He's not joking, the bread piles are taller than I am.