38| Bouncy Boundries

Start from the beginning

When I reach her small cream house, I get off my bike before sprinting to her front door. I turn the door knob but it's locked. Fuck.

I knock on the door, resisting the urge to tear the whole door down. "Jihoon?" Her voice comes, and I'm not sure how to respond to that. 

Why does she call her dad by his first name? That made me wonder if he was her biological father or not.

"It's me," I say. "It's Jungkook. Open up."

The door opens after a moment, not fully but just enough for Y/N to peek her head through the gap.

She takes a good look at me, eyes widening like she cannot believe me. "How—why—"

I try to look past her, catching any signs of the Reaper. "Are you alright? Where is he? Is he still here? Did he do something to you?"

She blinks, looking behind her before opening the door wider. I try not to stare too long at her, but she's in a silky night gown so short that I can see the outline of her panties.

It surprises me how much anger bursts inside me from the idea of the Reaper seeing her in this outfit.

No, Jungkook. Do not go there. What the hell is wrong with you? She's your employee, for God's sake.

"He's gone," Y/N says with a sigh. "Thanks for the concern but I didn't mean to call you. I assume you heard everything though...judging by how you ran all the way here."

The truth is, I didn't quite hear everything. I was too focused on getting here in time. Besides, I couldn't hear anything with my motorbike thundering in the background.

"What happened?"

She swallows, and my gaze drops down to the redness of her throat. "He barged into my room and he just..." There's a ripeness to her cheek I didn't like. "He just flirted with me that's all."

My jaw nearly dislocates. 

He did what?

Oh hell no. That's even worse.

I step close to her, my expression darkening and I had no control over that. "And you let him?"

Y/N fiddles with the hem of her silk dress, tugging it down. "He wanted to recruit me at his show or something. I declined the offer. And no, I didn't flirt with him. I tried to kick him in the balls but he held me down.

I tilt my head to the side, examining her in silence. "Good girl," I say, eyes flicking down to her exposed legs, then back up to her face. "I'll have my private security have you document what happened and note down what he looked like... or sounded like. Anything we could use to track him down. And I'll hire a security guard for you. Sounds good, Red?"

Again, my deceiving eyes drop to her lacey night gown, tracing her soft curves that makes me clench my hands into fists.

She catches me staring and a rosy blush spreads across her cheeks. How can a human be this fucking cute? I just want to reach out and snuggle with her.

God I need a cold shower after this. Whatever this was.

"Appreciate it," she says. "You can subtract that fee from my allowance."

No thanks, sweetheart. I'll do that for free. 

She opens the door wider. "Um. Do you want to come in...?"

I nod in thanks, taking my shoes off before hesitantly walking in. Wait. Why did I just walk in?

I only came here to make sure she was ok. But I could still go back, right? Wrong. Apparently, my heart and mind are two very conflicting demons.