"But you seem plain," the old woman eeks, and it's not an insult because her eyes are glistering with dues of hope. Like looking plain is going to get you this job.

"You've got an unflattering appeal. The headmaster needs someone to keep their heads low and work, work, work their asses off. You seem like the type."

Gee thanks, old lady. That's flattering.

You lean towards her. "Now are you going to let me in or flatter me goodbye?"

She darts you a smile. "I'll give you a pass to his office. Take it and I'll send you his assistant to escort you to his office. I'll let him know that you're visiting him, and before he can bark out a no, you'll already be knocking on his door." She sends you a wink.

Ok, maybe you don't hate this lady after all.

You beam at her. "Thank you! I'll treat you well!"

"You will," she demands savagely. "If you get the job, that is."

"Right," you mumble, trying not to get too excited. "Now where is the private assistant you were talking about?"

She gestures to the girl in a uniform next to you. "Her name is Eve. She'll escort you. Good luck."

Eve doesn't smile at you. She only nods, gesturing for you to follow.

You take note of how everyone that works here is dead inside and out.

Before you can enter the elevators, the security guards scan your id again and run a metal detector down your figure. Then, after a solid minute in the elevator, you finally reach the 17th floor.

You follow Eve outside, straightening your formal black bottoms with your sweaty palms. The CEO must know of your arrival by now. He must be fuming already.

You mentally construct the things you want to say to him to change his mind.

Eve stops by a door, knocking politely. After a beat, a voice comes-a voice like a calm, hollow sound of a nightingale.

But before you can figure out whose voice that was, Eve opens the door, and gestures for you to walk in. A cool wave of air hits you in the face.

Eve gives you a silent look. Good luck bitch, you're about to die.

Then she leaves, and you suddenly feel a wave of overwhelming anxiety. Maybe this was a bad idea after all.

You turn your attention to the front and nearly drop to the Earthy floor when your eyes land on the man in front of you.

"This... this can't be," you trail off, mouth parted in utter shock.

Jungkook stares at you cooly, gesturing to the chair across from him.

"Take a seat, Miss Park. I hope that under these circumstances, we won't try to kill each other."

You glance back at the door, then towards his desk where he sits. Smoldering in utter rage and confusion, you stride towards him before slamming your files onto his table.

The man doesn't flinch

"What are you doing here?" You hiss.

Jungkook opens his mouth to speak, but you cut him off. "The CEO is going to be here soon," you howl. "He's a major dick with anger issues. And if he sees you here-fuck. Get off his chair and-oh my god," you say, realizing it. "You're stalking me, aren't you?"

Jungkook makes a face at you. "Stalking? Excuse m-"

You grab his arm and pull him off the seat. "Stop this," you tell him. "If you wanted to see me again, you could have just said so. Jesus, Jungkook. Get your dirty hands off his files."