ON THE TOP

(Wyatt's POV)

I'm leaning against the trunk of my 86, drinking an energy drink, star gazing. I notice that I've finished my energy drink, so I toss it in the garbage can next to me. I get off of my trunk walk walk over to the driver's seat then close the door twist the ignition and drive away. I drive silently down the road, now and then hitting a puddle from when it was raining a few hours ago. My mind filled about a few nights ago when I first drove this car, It felt strange, but the good kind of strange. the kind of strange that is almost...Addictive...My hand tightens around the steering wheel as I blank out. I then remembered the Yellow RX-7 FD, Something was almost strange about the driver of the RX-7. like whoever that was, really wanted to challenge me, my trance was broken when the interior of the car started to be Illuminated by lights behind me. I look at my rear-view mirror and see the same RX-7 from the other night barreling toward me. "Well speak of the devil," I say to myself, as I press down on the gas more. The RX-7 swerves to the empty lane beside me and zips past. "Oh, you're on!" I yell out and floor it while shifting to third gear and attempt to catch up to the roaring RX-7. 

(????'s POV)

I look behind me at the panda-colored Trueno and notice that they're catching up to me a bit. That's what I want them to do "Yes...Come on, come to Mama..." I say under my breath with a wide smirk on my face. I notice a hairpin ahead but then the noise of another engine catches me off guard. I look at my rearview mirror but don't see another pair of headlights. I frantically look around for the invisible car, when all of a sudden my car is illuminated and I look and they appear in the last place I'd expect it. "What?! Impossible!" As I watch the Trueno zooms forward past me.

 "What?! Impossible!" As I watch the Trueno zooms forward past me

"Did...Did they pull a gutter technique?" I say to myself astonished by this person's skill. Now that I'm behind them, I decided to take a quick picture of their license plate with my phone. to track them. so then maybe I'll be able to meet this skilled driver. We twist and turn at every turn. our engines roaring and growling. We finally get to a straight. I finally started to pull ahead, but as quickly as I was beating them. I was right back where I was...Eating their dust..."Damn, this guy is better than I thought..." I say under my breath, My hands tighten around the steering wheel as I then pull behind them once more, to use their slipstream to help build my speed and possibly pass them and take the lead.

(Wyatt's POV)

I look behind me at the trailing RX-7 and laugh manically because I haven't had this much in a race since my S30Z I start to feel the true power of my supped-up 4A-GE. I look behind me and see the RX-7 try to pull ahead and I notice the sharp turn ahead and slow down, press down on the brake, and downshift, as I drift around the corner. 

Then the sight of a taller Wolf anthro crossing her arms and who looks to be Bea standing beside her with what looks like a smirk on her face

Then the sight of a taller Wolf anthro crossing her arms and who looks to be Bea standing beside her with what looks like a smirk on her face. everything feels like slow motion as I watch them as I pass by."What the?" Confused by why Bea and the wolf were there, "Was this planned?" I ask myself. confused, but I don't let my guard down to the tailing Yellow RX-7 behind me.  The next hairpin comes into view and  I pull my Trueno into the gutter and pull off another Gutter technique, allowing me to pull around the corner faster. by my guess, the driver of the RX-7 doesn't completely know how to pull off correctly. "Looks like I win again, RX-7," I say pulling off a cocky smile. But then, the RX-7 slows down to a stop behind me. I take this as a sign that they want to chat. So I slow down as well. I pull up the E-brake and turn my eighty-six off. I push open the door and I'm met by a wolf anthro walking toward me. 

I slip both my hands into my hoodie's pocket

I slip both my hands into my hoodie's pocket. "So you're the ghost?" She asks "Ghost?"  I ask confused. Is, that some sort of name that people have been giving me?" She chuckles a bit, then another pair of headlights appears and it's Bea's RX-7 FC. She and the other wolf stand up from out of the car.

 She and the other wolf stand up from out of the car

"So you must be Wyatt." the ginger-haired Anthro asked I leaned my back against the trunk of my Eighty-six as the three approached me "SOOOooo, who are these two Bea?" I ask "They're the founders of the group I'm in." Bea says. "So are you two cousins or somethin'?" I ask the two taller Anthro's" The tad bit taller black-haired one is the one to answer first. "I'm Sarah, And this is my Girlfriend, Sam." She says as the orange wolf rests her hands on her waist looks behind her, and looks to whisper something to Bea, which makes Bea giggle "Well it's very nice to meet you two.  but why do you want with me?" I ask. The black-furred wolf giggles softly before resting her right hand on her waist. "We want you to be a member of the Moon Racers."  She says and Sarah nods. "And why what's in it for me?" I ask. "Let's just say that you can make A LOT of money if you join us." She says with a flirtatious smirk, looking down at me. "Sooooo, Whaddya say...You in~?" She says. I stand there for a few moments, before a wide smirk forms on my face. 

"Where do we start~?"

[To be Continued]