twenty-eight

Harper's POV

The darkness surrounds me as I open my eyes rapidly, having the feeling of someone staring at me. As I try to adjust my body to sit up, I felt a type of pressure laid upon my chest. My eyes quickly look around the room when I spot something in the corner - a tall, black figure. The one I saw back in prison. I tried to scream out, but nothing left my mouth. My body was filled with fear once the figure was at the end of the bed. I felt a tear trailing down into my hair as I watch this thing come even closer to me. Each step it took, it got closer to my face.

"There's no one here to protect you." It whispered in my ear.. I open my mouth to say something, but again, nothing. Quickly, my eyes shut, and my mind begins to wander. I haven't lived yet. I haven't gotten with my soulmate. I haven't visited Paris. I haven't confessed to Will-

"Harper. Harper!" I hear a familiar voice say. Opening my eyes, I look up to see Wilbur standing over me. His expression told me he was concerned about me, which I think he should be. I shot up from the pillows and wrapped my arms around his waist. Tears began spilling my eyes once more. "What's wrong? Did something happen?" He asks me, unwrapping my arms around him and sitting down next to me. I shake my head no and wipe the tears from my cheeks. He sent the "I know your lying" look and knew I had to tell him.

"I woke sometime during the night. I couldn't move and... and-" I started to say.

"You had sleep paralysis, didn't you?" He questioned, making complete eye contact with me. I slowly nodded my head and rubbed my hands against my knees. These past 24 hours have been absolute hell for me. First, I get tugged by some sort of spirit and scratch by it. Then, when we did the Estes Method, something said my name. That's right, MY name. Now, this. I've never had sleep paralysis before. Why is it happening now? "Hey, it's alright. It's from all the anxiety built up. Especially with everything that you've been through, it was bound to happen. Today were heading back home. When we get back, you can come over to my flat and relax. Sound like a deal?" I nodded my head quickly and a smile formed on his face. "Alright, pack up and get ready."

♩✘♩

I fall into the comfort Will's couch as he places our bags on the kitchen counter. Laying my back on the soft cushions, I stare up at the ceiling and thought of something. Why the hell would I be worried about not confessing my feelings to Will? I've been giving him time to heal from his past trauma. That's more important. More important than me being in love with him. Yes, I just thought that because it's true. I'm in love with William Gold. Will he ever know? Probably sooner than later.

Footsteps could be heard walking up the stairs. He must getting something from his room. I pull my phone out of my pocket and scroll through TikTok. Liking and commenting some edits on my feed, however, one specific video made me stop my scrolling. It was an edit of Will and I from our YLYL stream. We both were laughing at a stupid video someone sent in and at one point we made eye contact. It was in slow motion. I watched as our faces softened up and continued to stare at each other. Averting my eyes down to the caption, it read "sacred love." A shade of red formed on my cheeks as I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. I put my phone back in my pocket and looked up at the ceiling once more.

"Do you want to watch American Horror Story?" I hear Will say. Looking over at the end of the couch, I see him staring at me as he went to sit down by my feet. Leaning my head back down, I shake my head no and stay quiet. "Do you want to watch a Disney movie?" I shake my head no once more and decided to sit up. I placed my back against the couch and crossed my legs. "How about we watch Tommy's stream?" Quickly shaking my head no, I look back over at Will. "Well, what do you want to watch?"

"The new season of Miraculous started." I say to him. He formed a weird look on his face, as if he's judging me. "Hey, don't blame me. Kyle and Niki got me hooked on it, so I binged watched it. Besides, I'll happily watch someone else's love life be more difficult than mine." I spoke up, causing him to laugh. "Why are you laughing?" I ask with a giggle. He shakes his head, noting he didn't want to say. "Come on. Please, just say it."

"Your love life isn't that difficult. You just had a bad relationship. It looks as if you're thriving now." He says, moving next to me. I gaze at him as he focused on the television in front of us. I never noticed the few freckles he had laid upon his face. Traveling my focus to his eye lashes. They were long. Perfect. I envied him for it. My eyes travel up to his messy hair. The curls within it looked as if they were waves from the ocean. When I traveled my eyes back down, I noticed Will staring at me. "God, stop. I know I'm attractive." He says as he looked up at the ceiling with smile on his face.

"You are attractive." I state, causing him to quickly look down to stare at me. His facial expression shows disbelief. "What? You heard what I said. Do you want me to repeat it?" I watched as he slowly nods his head. Taking a deep breath, I opened my mouth to speak once more. "You are attractive, William Patrick Spencer Gold." Silence filled the air. Not an awkward silence. Not a tensed silence. I'm not quite sure how to describe it. We sat just there, staring within each other's souls as Marinette was talking through the speakers. He slowly moved his right hand up to my cheek and caressed it. Without knowing it, we both began to move closer. Our lips inched closer together until he stopped for a moment.

"May I?" He asked. I slowly nod my head as I kept the eye contact. Two inches apart. An inch. A centimeters. A millimeter. Lips upon lips. Our mouth synchronized as we slowly moved together. It was perfect. It felt as if there was fireworks going off in the background. A warm feeling was felt in my cheeks and stomach. We pulled apart and leaned our foreheads against each other's. Taking a moment to catch our breaths, we open our eyes and contact was made once more. A smile has formed on the both of us.

"That... was worth the wait."