twenty-four

Niki's POV

Once my stream ended, I met Kyle out in the living room to watch a few episodes of Miraculous Ladybug. Although it's a children's show, there is something about it that draws us in. That's lie, honestly we hope and pray that in one of these episodes Marinette and Adrien will finally be together. We already finished the first two seasons and it's getting aggravating. How can they be that blind?

"ADRIEN, MARINETTE IS LADYBUG. STOP FRIENDZONING HER, YOU BITCH." Kyle shouted at the television, due to this stupid blond teenager saying that the girl was 'just a friend.' I laugh at her actions and get up from my spot on the couch to get some food. "Can you bring me a spoon of peanut butter?" My friend asks, resulting me to give her a weird look. I walk to the kitchen and grabbed a bag of crisps and Kyle a spoon of peanut butter. What the hell is wrong with this girl? I go back to the living and sit down next to her, handing off the spoon. We continue to watch the show until it hit eleven o'clock.

"I'm going to bed. I'm sleepy." I tell her. She nods and turned off the show, standing up and walking to her room on the same floor. I sigh and get up as well, walking up the stairs to mine. I change into my pajamas and lay in my bed, scrolling through TikTok to pass the time. After a while, I hear talking and footsteps outside. I hear a door open and close, while the chatting continued for a few more minutes. The voices stop and complete silence entered the apartment. I waited for a moment to see if anything else would be said. Nothing. I continued scrolling through TikTok when I got a notification from Spotify: Harper Cooper's New EP.

"It's fucking out!" I hear from the girl, along with the sound of someone jumping around. I laugh at her excitement as the jumping kept going in the next room. I felt like a proud sister as I clicked on Spotify and listened to her new music. "Thank you for producing it. Thank you for helping write a few songs. Thank you for being the best person I know." Harper says within the thin walls. The smile on my face grew even bigger as 'Crying Over You' played on my Alexa.

"I'm proud of you." I hear Will say next. "I'm glad I was apart of this journey. I'm sure it won't be the first one we go on together. You're the best person I've ever met." A gasp escape my lips and I put my hand over my mouth. Damn, smooth flirting, Will. Quickly, I get out of my bed and leave the room, heading down stairs to tell Kyle what's going on. I walked down the stairs and take a right, straight to her room. I knock on the door and wait for an answer. I didn't get one, so I opened the door. She was sitting against her bedframe with her airpods on in. Looking up at me, I hop on her bed and sit criss-crossed with a grin on my face.

"Why do you look like that?" She asked with a confused expression on her face. She gasped. "Did you watch the show without me? Did they finally get together and reveal their identities? How could you?" She mumbled on, causing me to laugh and shake my head. I took a few moments to catch my breath so she could hear every word I'm about to say.

"Will is in Harper's bedroom and his flirting is getting so obvious. Did you know we have thin walls? I felt like I was in the room with them." I tell her, following with her taking out her airpods and putting them in the case. "I've never heard him be so sincere to someone like this before. I mean, I've known him for years. Yeah, I know he's kind, but when he's talking to her, it's a totally different level." Kyle's eyes widen and looked down at her lap. I stared at her for a few moments, wondering what's going through her head.

"I need to tell you something and I need you to promise not to tell Harper." Kyle says, gazing up at me with a serious expression. I nod my head in the swiftness and wait for her to start speaking. She adjusted her position and took a deep breath. "When Will first met Harper, he was instantly fond of her. Attracted to her. For as long as I've known him, he's never talked about anyone how he talks about her. There was a period in time where they didn't speak for like two weeks and the whole time he would call or text me about having dreams with her in them. He said he's never experienced that with anyone, not even with Emily. He was scared. He didn't know what to do, so he kept his distance from her." She tells me, without even batting an eye. It was love at first sight. Holy shit.

"Didn't Harper have dreams of him as well? Has she even had that with anyone else?" I ask her, with her replying with a shake of the head. The two fell for each other in an instant. It's as if they knew they were soulmates that moment they locked eyes. That's so cute. I look down next to Kyle and grabbed her phone. "We need to call Tommy. I want to know if Will said anything to him." I type in her passcode and go on facetime to click on the child's name. I hope he's still up. The phone rang and rang and rang, until he finally answered.

"What the hell. I was jamming to Harper's new music. I wanted to get in my feelings. It's sad boy hours." Tommy says, holding his phone very close to his face. Kyle and I laugh at him. "Anyway, what's up? What's going on? Why are you two calling? Where's Harper?" He asked, backing his phone away from his face and putting it on his desk.

"She's with Will in her room. Anyway, has Will talked to about Harper? Like, at all?" Kyle asked the boy. He stared at the camera for a few seconds, as if he was contemplating if he should say anything. "We'll tell you what Harper has said if you spill." His expression changed and he hopped up in his chair.

"So, do you remember when we didn't know where she was and we found her at that pub that YOU ILLEGALLY allowed me to go in?" He asked. Kyle nodded her head and kept her focus on the teenager on the screen. "Well, while we were sitting in his office, before he called you, he was telling me that he liked her like the moment he saw her. He was scared to get close to her because he didn't know if she was going to be like the ex. I told him to go for it and stop being a puss." I laugh at his last comment and I glanced over at Kyle, who had her hands over her face.

"Tommy, I got the love trope wrong." She says, removing her hands. "It's love at first sight."