twenty-seven

Wilbur's POV

I stare at Harper as Colby stood next to her. A feeling I thought I would never feel again appeared in my pounding heart: jealousy. She finally look away from him and made eye contact with me, which I quickly broke and gave my attention to Sam, who was picking up the device off the floor.

"Alright, let's go outside. This is getting creepy." The blond says, as he began to lead the three of us outside. Small talk was made as we continued our walk to the outside world. As the fresh air filled my lungs, the jealous feeling went away and freedom filled my veins. I'm still a skeptic on this paranormal shit, but some of these things are hard to explain. They could just be coincidences and that these items are getting triggered by something other than spirits. "We're going to one of cell blocks. Get ready to get spooked." Sam says, again leading the way into the building.

I glance behind me to see Colby walking alone, with no Harper beside him. Quickly, I looked down next to me and see her close by to me. Smiling down at her, we walk down the hall and watch as Sam put down a music box that supposably picks up on movement. Within five minutes of putting it down, it goes off with no one around it and everyone begins to freak out. There was definitely no explantion on how that happened. Once it stopped playing, we all heard a voice coming outside of the building.

"Karl?" Sam calls out, thinking it was our tour guide. We walk back outside to see if the man was around, trying to get our attention. There was no one. The outer world was pitch black, with no other person in site. I glance down at Harper who was looking up at me. A slight amount of fear was expressed on her face and I grabbed a hold of her hand. I sent her a quick squeeze and looked back up at Sam, who was walking around the front of the building. "No one's out here."

"What the fuck?" Harper said, causing everyone to look at her. "You all heard a voice, right?" We all nodded our heads and contiuned to glance around our envirnment. I felt a tight squeeze in my hand and look down at the girl again. I could just tell she was scared of what was happening. Although she might enjoy scary movies and learning about ghosts, the reality of it must be hitting her like a truck. I sent her two light squeezes and plant my focus back on Sam. We decided to walk back into the building and continued on with exploration.

"This is a spirit box. Wilbur, I'm sure you know what this is." Colby said to me. I nodded my head and glanced down at the floor. The radar was going crazy and I didn't know if it was too close to us or what. "It just died. We just put new batteries in it." The brunette said, causing me to look up. It died? Already? We decided to move on and move into one of the run down cells. Everyone was discussing what was going on.

"Woah. Woah. Woah." I hear Harper say, causing me to look down at her with concern. "Right at the end of that corridor. I saw something move." She adds on, glancing up at me. Sam began to question her, wanting to know exactly what she saw. "It was big. It was tall. It was touching the floor.. Uhm... I can't really describe it." She explains to him. To me, it sounds like she saw my sleep paralysis demon. We all decided to get out of there and explore from the outside. Going to the window on that room, we looked inside real quick and we didn't see anything.

Eventually, all of us headed back into the building to continue on with our exploration. Sam and Colby stopped in the middle of a room, looking around as if they were two lost children in a maze. They turned to look down in the hall for something, but it seems as if they couldn't find anything. We walked through the building some more and ended up going back outside, not thinking anything else would happen.

"Alright. So, one of the last things that were going to do is have Wilbur and Harper go into this cell block behind us. They'll be left in there for ten minutes. Once Colby's timer is up, we'll yell at them to come out." Sam says to camera, then looking directly at Harper and I. We nodded our heads and walked right inside. The current room we are in is dark, darker than my soul. I couldn't see much. "And the clock starts... now!" I hear Sam yell behind us, leaving us alone. To past the time, the both us walked up and down the corridors, looking inside each and every cell. There was a little blood stains here and there, but it wasn't as bad I thought.

"Harper, can you believe-" I began to say. But, once I turned around to face her, she wasn't there. Panic filled my veins. When the hell did she split off from me? I run up and down the halls, searching for her in one of the rooms, but I just couldn't find her. "Harper! Where are you?!" I yell out, hoping she would respond to the sound of my voice. I waited for a few seconds: nothing. "Harper! Come on, this isn't funny!"

"What's going on?" I hear a voice say from behind me. Sam and Colby stood there, confusion written all over their faces. I see the brunette look around where we were. "Where's Harper?" Colby asks, with a little worry in his voice. Did that make me kind of jealous? Absolutely, but this is NOT the time to be acting like this. We stayed in silence for a moment, hoping we would hear her shout out or say something. A screech came from the opposite side of building and I began running. It only took me around ten seconds to find where it came from. I saw Harper leaned down on the ground, with her hand rubbing her side.

"Harper, love, are you okay?" I ask her, as I walk over to her. She looked up at me with tears in her eyes. I shifted my focus at her hand and listened to her hiss in pain. Placing my hand on the end of her shirt, I glance up at her for consent. Once it was given, I lifted it up slowly. My eyes widen as I stared at three scratch marks. Footsteps could be heard from behind me, but I chose to ignore them. I lowered her shirt back down and crouched down next to her, wrapping my arms around her. Glancing up at the two men in front of me, I shook my head and nodded my head to the side. It took them a few seconds to understand, but they eventually left the room and gave us some privacy. Gazing back down at her, I place a soft kiss on her head and just held her. "Do you want to leave?" I waited for her to respond. Five minutes have passed and I have yet to hear her respond.

"Let's finish the video." I finally hear her say. She lifts her head away from my shoulder and stands up. "I got to give them the content, right?" She adds, walking out of the room. I watched her until she was no longer in my sight and I sigh. She never wants to ruin anyone else's time. Why does she always have to be so stubborn?