twenty-one

Harper's POV

Boxes upon boxes surround me as I forced myself up from bare bed. Today is the day. Moving day. Although I am excited to be moving out of the small flat, I'm going to miss all the memories we all created in the time we stayed here together. I laid my feet on the carpeted floor, nuzzling my toes within the fuzz. Looking over at phone, I take it off the charge and bring it closer to me.

Will: Hey. I'm on my way over.

He sent that fifteen minutes ago. I groaned as I didn't want to get up just quite yet. Flopping back on my bed, I stare up at the ceiling and just lay there. All my underlying thoughts came across my mind as soon as my head hit the back of the mattress. Everything I've been through this past year. Getting cheated on, moving in with Kay, meeting Will, making new friends. Although these things haven't been so easy, I've gotten through them. Am I sure I'm not in some fanfic?

"Is your bedroom ceiling bored like mine? Of you staring at it all the time." I look up at the voice and it was the curly headed man, staring down at me as I got lost in thought. A smile formed upon my face and I gaze back up at the ceiling, still not wanting to get up. A few seconds later, a body laid next to mine. "Darling, we've got to get this done." I shake my head and turn my body to face the wall. A sigh was heard from behind and a shift in position moved the bed. "If you get up within the next ten seconds, after we're done, I'll get you some Nando's." By the end of that sentence, I was already popped up off the bed and grabbing some clothes to change into. "Of course food gets you excited." I turn to look at him and nodded my head quickly. I ran out of the room to the bathroom and quickly got changed.

"Alright, let's do this." I say, walking back into my bedroom seeing Will still on my bed. He smiled at me and got up. "Niki, Kyle! Let's get this shit going!"

.

Seven hours. SEVEN. FUCKING. HOURS. It took us that long to move all of our belongs to the back of the moving truck. It took us that long to drive everything to our new flat. It took us that long to unload the truck and move all the boxes upstairs to the apartment. It took us that long to claim our rooms and get started on making it our own home. At least we didn't have too many things. We may or may not have left quite a few things behind, but that's alright. Kyle and Niki allowed me to have the room with the other balcony. Why? I'm not sure. Will helped me set up my room. From the bed frame, wardrobe, desk, hanging up my records, to setting up my new television. Thank god he was here because I wouldn't have done it.

"Do you want to go get some Nando's now?" Will asked as I was hanging up my clothes. I thought for a moment and shook my head no. Shocked by the reaction, he put his hand on his heart and gasped. "No? What? Who are you? What happened to my favorite short person?" I laugh at his reaction. I walked over to my bed and sat on it, wanting to relax for a moment.

"We could postmates some redbull and pizza. That's what I'm in the mood for." I said. He smiled and instantly got on his phone to place an order. He already knew what kind of pizza I wanted and I let him pick my flavor of redbull. I got up from the bed and continued to what I was doing. I begin to hum to myself as I folded up my pajamas.

"Cleanin' my car out and I found the card that you gave me
My twenty-third birthday, covered in coffee stains
Heard you kissed someone just to get it out of your system
And I wish that I had more to say, but I don't
I'm glad you learned how to talk
But I don't wanna listen
You can keep all my friends
And I'll keep my distance"

"Is that Witness?" I heard Will ask. Looking over at him, now laying on the bed, I nodded my head and continued doing what I was doing. "It's amazing what you do, you know? Being able to write your feelings into songs. It makes me envy you." I roll my eyes as I fold my last pair of pajama pants.

"What about Jubilee Line? Isn't that a song with your feelings within it? You do the same thing I do. Quite frankly, better." I tell him as I walk over to sit next to him. He stared at me as I did and kept staring once I was sat. It was as if I said something dumb.

"Don't say that. You talented. You have something special, Harper. That thing draws me to like you." Will says. He sits up next to me and we gaze at each other. Our faces are only inches apart. Him looking into my eyes as if he was looking into my soul. Butterflies formed in my stomach. I saw his eyes flashback and forth from my lips as our faces inch closer together. "Have I ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" He asked. I shake my head. Every second, we kept getting closer, our lips almost connected.

Ding.

Will backed up from my face and looked down at his phone. "Postmates is here. I'll be right back." He stood up and walked out of my bedroom as if nothing happened. I mean, technially, nothing did happen. We were just very close to each other... inching our lips closer and clo- I'm not going to overthink this because I want to be able to get some sleep tonight, so I waved it off to the back of my mind. I lay back on my bed and look around the room. At the last flat, I didn't decorate like I did here. Seeing all my vinyls, posters, plants, it makes me feel like I'm actually where I belong. Although, deep in my gut, I know something is missing, I didn't bother. I was finally at peace in my life. My thoughts were interrupted by the growl of my stomach.

"Will! Hurry up, I'm hungry!" I shout out, hoping he heard me.

"I'm coming!" He shouted back as I hear his footsteps through the apartment. A smiley Will walked through the door, holding a pizza box and a plastic bag with our drinks. "Let's watch American Horror Story."