✧ Well... that was unusual ☾

Your leg was bouncing under the table constantly after you hear what the punk looking girl said, Raúl was somehow amazed by it while you were more concerned. You even felt bad for her I mean ' they die ' you were wondering if that had anything to do with her being a break the cycle kid.
Your body was in the motion of turning back around but was soon stopped by Sister Helley walking through the door with something covered in a green cloth. " sorry I'm late " she quickly apologised and you huffed under your breathe, sitting back down facing the front.
" Adaptable nature... ha! "
She uttered out while writing on the board in a hurry, while see did you leaned over the side of your desk as you tried to see what hid under the cloth. This school seemed to do unique subjects and do other practicals that your average school probably would not. Sister Helley soon turned around making you slowly sit back up and watch carefully as she placed her hand onto the cloth.
" Now, this spectacular creature is called Thaumoctopus mimicus "
Your body now leaned over your desk as you impatiently awaited for her to remove the cloth, as she did a octopus sprung up from the sand. " The mimic octopus " In all honestly the octopus didn't look pretty friendly, it had an annoyed face. Or maybe... a mad one? What ever expression it was it did not look pleased. This seemed to catch the attention of everyone in the class as you heard a woah or two echoing in the class.
" It's the only creature that can change its body shape to fool predators and prey "
Sister Helley explained before tapping on the glass, doing this made the octopus move and change colours. It also seemed to merge its tentacles to make its body look flat, seeing this made you smile in awe. " Holy biscuits! " you also heard Siobhan was surprised by the odd octopus changing. With another tap the sea creature changed once again, this time it grew more tentacles and changed its appearance to look similar to a sea lion. A very intimidating form for a fish.
" That's amazing " the girl behind you quietly spoke up as the octopus changed once more into a green snail looking thing, the last form did confuse you slightly.
The green haired girl seemed to catch Helley's attention as she pointed towards the back, " now, you look like an adaptable girl " this statement made you turn your head only a little to look at the girl in question, looking down at Raúl for a spilt second. You always seemed to do that when ever you looked behind you, you didn't know why... unless-
" It's kat. "
So that's her name, you looked her up and down the name sure did fit. At least now you didn't have to call her ' that girl ' anymore in your mind.
" Well, come on up Kat! Get a close-up of this marvellous mollusk " Helley exclaimed eagerly and ushered Kat up with a small wave of her hand. She soon stood up with a bit of hesitation while walking down to the front of the class, your eyes following her. The three girls also watched her and greeted her as she got near with a new.. nickname?
" Kay Kay! "

She simply ignored this and leaned over a tad to be at eye level with the intimidating creature, examining it for a small while before bringing her hand up and knocking on the glass. You once again leaned over to the side to see what was going on, would the octopus change differently depending on the person? In this situation yes.
A red hue seemed to slowly over come the fish tank as the creature changed into a... face? You cousins quite see it as good from where you sat but you definitely were shocked when it started to bang on the glass. The banging was consistent, Kat let out a small gasp as the girls behind her started to speak.
" oh no what's happening? "
Gabby goat tried to jump away but fortunately Siobhan caught them in time and sweetie was flailing her arm as around. You almost fell from leaning over to much, making you slip forwards and catching your self on the table next to you. Raúl stood up behind you also trying to see what was going on with Kat and the Octopus. You stood up right and on your tippy toes, the desk started to shake and Kat swiftly made her way around it towards the back. She leaned towards a drawer, you was unsure of what happened next but she suddenly let out a cry. " oww! "
She grabbed hand, sister Helley quickly lead her out of the classroom and like that...
It was all quiet again.

" well... that was unusual "