XVI

I finish my shower and wrap myself in the warm towel, cowering back to Nat's room, leaving my clothes scattered across the floor. I scamper down the stairs and dart straight into the room, closing the door behind me. Natalie looks up at me confused by frightened disposition.

"Are you okay, what happened?" She asked, her concerned eyes searching me for injuries.

"I'm fine," I say, calming myself.

"Okay," she says skeptically. "Adam dropped some clothes in for you." She points to the drawers closest to the door where a pile of neatly folded clothes was. A plain black bra and knickers along with some white linen shorts and an old blue button down of his I used to steal, all my size. I pick up the clothes and head to my side of the bed and sit down, my ass sore even on the soft sheets and mattress. I start to change when Nat says "When Adam dropped the clothes in, he was also in a towel."

"There are a lot of showers in this house."

"Sure Reine, I'm sure Adam and you took completely separate showers."

"Why are you even conscious?" I ask, finishing putting my outfit on.

"How do those clothes fit?" She asks snarkily.

I pick up a pillow and smack her in the face with it. "I'm going to get some breakfast." I pick up the towel, drying my hair as I leave the room and throw it into the laundry basket in the hall and head downstairs. I enter the kitchen and immediately smell the scent of a full English breakfast with a hint of pancakes making my mouth water, my body being pulled in by the gorgeous smell. On the kitchen island lay a buffet, decked with fruits and pastries, a yoghurt bar and every kind of fried thing you can eat for breakfast while the chef was preparing eggs at request. People swarmed around me, chatter filling the large dining hall within the house. It reminded me of when we were kids and an important visitor came, my mother and father would take us to breakfast here and Jude and I would fill our plates with food we could never finish. I'd sneak the pastries home and have mini picnics with my stuffed toys.

Adam approached me from behind, holding two plates and urges me to follow him saying "I made you a plate," and I follow him into the dining room where he sits us at the middle of the table. I get over my shock quickly when he pulls out the chair for me, my juice already poured, my plate made and a latte waiting for me to drink it, steam dancing above. The Alpha, Luna and other dignitaries and distinguished guests sat in the middle of the table, not the head like some may think. It was a way of gathering the attention of all the people at both sides and showing that they were one of them, I'd always liked it. Now I sat directly to Adams Left and opposite Raphael, waiting for everyone to take their seats so the meal could commence. Adam leaned over and whispered "Were the clothes okay?"

"You forgot socks." I turn my head to face his, our noses about to touch.

"I'll get you some after breakfast." He places a soft kiss on my lips, a quick peck so sudden I didn't have time to close my eyes and turned his attention back to the guests. Jude quickly joined with Jessica and so did Gamma Anna who I was very excited to see as we were very close growing up. She was the Alpha's cousin. Alpha Lila and Alpha Michael joined us also and once everyone of note had arrived, except Nat who blatantly refused to leave her bed before 10, the remaining pack members filled the empty seats and Raphael gave a curt nod to Adam who stood to make the welcoming speech. He was always the people person. "Welcome friends and honoured guests, we gather here to welcome the Alpha's Aarle to the pack. May the relations and connections between our packs be honoured by the Goddess Selene herself. And to everyone we wish health and prosperity in your forthcomings. On behalf of Raphael and myself we thank you for being here. Let the meal commence." He nods sitting down and the pack members go from complete silence to a buslting community of people. The Alpha's Aarle give a curt nod of respect to Adam for the speech and everyone begins to eat including myself.