Chapter 1: Twelve Hours

"Mom," I said.
"Wow, what's happening?" My mom looked confused as I held up my necklace. My sister paused the movie and she and my dad also looked with wide eyes.
"I think it is time," I said, trying not to smile too big. I stood up.
"I'm going back to Middle-Earth. For Lord of the Rings."
"Can you not wait? Your wounds need to heal," mom said. Typical mom-thing to say.
"Mom, I have fought with wounds and I can still do, and no, I don't have a choice. Except maybe destroy my necklace, but that is not an option. If someone does that, I swear I will never smile again."
They were silent and I felt kind of faint. My necklace grew brighter again. It was déjà vu. For like, the third time.
"I don't have much time left," I said. "So, wish me luck." I smiled. All three of them stood up.

"Be careful, alright?" mom said with a worried face and tears in her eyes. Like mom, I have not even told you yet I am not coming back! I didn't say that, not now. She gave me a mom-hug, which was the last hug I would have from my mom. She whispered to me some more things, like watch out and stuff, and I just said "yes". Then I gave my dad a hug. He told me the same things, and again I agreed. Then I gave my sister a hug. The last hug in this world. Sounds harsh, but it's the truth.
"Tell them everything," I whispered in her ear. She was a bit smaller than me, so whispering wasn't so difficult. "Tell them everything you know about me that they don't." I let her go and she nodded with tears in her eyes. She knew my plan.

Then I felt that pain again. I took a step backwards and spread my arms.
"Middle-Earth, here I come," I said with a loud voice, as if light had a sound and I had to talk louder. Which didn't, by the way. It's not like in movies.

"I wanted you to stay," my sister said. Songs, ah, songs. Sofia Carson, a legend.
"Keep holding on," I answered. Avril Lavigne, also a legend. I gave her a wink.
"You know I glow up." BTS, my sister's favorite band. She giggled, because you know, I was glowing.

Then I smiled.
"Farewell."
"Farewell," were the answers. "Good luck."
I took a few more steps backwards, and took one final look at my family and at my house. Then the light took me up and it was dark again.

~

When I woke up it was still dark. I opened my eyes and found myself on a hard floor with a sword pointed to my throat. I chuckled.
"Please don't kill me, I may be useful." I pushed the sword carefully away from my throat.
"Don't move," a familiar voice said. "Who are you? A spy of Sauron?"
"No," I said, looking up at a tall man, but I couldn't see his face.
"Where even am I?"
"You are in Bree," the voice said. I sat up and looked up to four scared Hobbits. I nodded. I looked down on my clothes and noticed they were the same as in my last adventure, only clean, without blood, scratches and holes. I had my trusty sword and dagger, and my quiver again too.

"Right." The man put off his hood and I saw his face. I chuckled.
"Well, it is an honor to meet you, Aragorn, son of Arathorn." He looked confused and pointed his sword towards my throat again.

"How do you know my name?" He asked. I put my hands up.
"I am no spy, I stand at the same side as you. I fight against Sauron."
"Who are you?"
"I am Vicky, I am sixteen years old and come from outside of Middle-Earth."
"Outside of Middle-Earth? Are you from Númenor? How is that possible?"
"No, I am from outside of Arda. Not from your universe." I sighed.
"It's hard to explain, but I have been send here for whatever reason. All I can say is that I ended up in a historical tale and I can help you."

"You possess magic?" one of the Hobbits asked. It was Sam. Sweet Sam.
"Um, well if you think about it like that, then yes. But it's not something I can control. It's-" I took out my necklace and showed them.
"This necklace brought me here. Please, I promise I speak the truth."
Aragorn put his sword back.
"Very well then. Do you know about the Wraiths?"
"Yes, and we need a safe place here to stay for now. Tomorrow we need to go on."
We went to a room and sat there, we heard the Ringswraiths screeching. I saw Aragorn looking at me.
"You have fought not long before, haven't you?"
"Yeah," I said, laying my hand on the scar on my face. "Long story. I was here seventy seven years ago, but that were only twelve hours in my world." They all looked confused at me for a moment.

Then I saw Frodo widening his eyes.
"Wait," he said, walking towards me. "Are you the Vicky who traveled with my uncle, Bilbo?"
"Indeed. And thirteen Dwarves plus Gandalf."
"But that is impossible!"
"It might look impossible, but if you have the ability to travel between worlds, through space and time, then anything is possible."
"Wow," Frodo sighed. "He has told me a lot about his travels, and about you. He said you were an amazing warrior."
I smiled.
"Yeah, Bilbo was an amazing Hobbit. He was also the first Hobbit I've ever met."
It was silent for a moment.
"Also, we certainly can't wait for Gandalf. Long story, but we will meet him in Rivendell."

We heard the Wraiths again. The screeching was painful to my ears.
"What are they?" Frodo asked, looking at Aragorn.
"They were once Men," Aragorn answered. "Great Kings of Men. Then Sauron the Deceiver gave to them nine Rings of Power. Blinded by their greed, they took them without question. One by one falling into darkness. Now they are slaves to his will. They are the Nazgûl, Ringwraiths, neither living nor dead. At all times they feel the presence of the Ring. Drawn to the power of the one. They will never stop hunting you."

Frodo looked at me again.
"You know about the Ring?" he whispered, although we could all probably hear him. I laughed without emotion.
"Yes, this tale is literally called: the Lord of the Rings. It is so important. Just know that I would help you. I will never try to take it for myself, I do not desire power."

We went to sleep, and the next day Aragorn led us to, I think Rivendell. It was a long way, though. We walked a lot, and the Hobbits asked me questions. About where I came from and stuff like that. I told them. Then they wanted to know how much I knew about them. And what I did on my journey.

I laughed.
"You are all the lead roles in this tale. I know pretty much everything, Peregrin Took," I said to Pippin, who asked the question.
"Have you met Elves yet?" Sam asked.
"I have. I've been to Rivendell on the journey to the Lonely Mountain. I met Elrond, and his daughter Arwen. And her two brothers, Elladan and Elrohir. It is beautiful there." Sam sighed in amazement. "And I have been in the Woodland Realm in Mirkwood, as a prisoner. Long story. But I met King Thranduil and his son, Legolas. And Tauriel, who is amazing too."

Sketch of Sam

Sketch of Sam

"So you killed Orcs before?" Merry asked, to whom I had not spoken much yet.
"Yes, if I didn't, I wouldn't be here. And still, I didn't get out of there without a scratch." I showed my scar and the ones on my arms.
"That's dangerous work."
"Yeah, but I wanted to help them, as much as I want to help you." My eyes automatically went to Frodo, who seemed to get everything about me now.

~

We walked a lot, but rested a lot too. I wasn't tired from the walking, just tired from everything that had been going on. And not sleeping that much. When we were still in Bree, I had only had a twelve hour break from fighting in the Battle of the Five Armies.

At one point, the Hobbits started to linger.
"Gentlemen," Aragorn called. "We do not stop till nighfall. The same goes for the lady, but she is keeping up."
"But what about breakfast?" Pippin asked.
Aragorn looked a bit confused. "You've already had one."
"We've had one, yes. What about second breakfast?"
Aragorn raised an eyebrow, turned around and kept walking. Pippin started to name all the meals in a normal day of a Hobbit.
"How do you eat seven meals?" I asked. "I love food, but sometimes I can barely eat two meals."

A new start to a new adventure. Enjoy this one! Also, I made this chapter cover myself. It's me haha