chapter seventy

Depuis le début

"Are you dating Jaemin too?" The girl asks, now looking at Jeno.

He nods. "We have another boyfriend too."

"Will I see him one day?"

"Yeah."

"Why don't you two go so Mark can calm down? And Jeno, if you post anything from here, tag us, please. Thank you."

Without looking up, Mark takes Jenos hand and drags him towards the stairs. Jeno finds it cute and amusing with the way the boy won't look at him.

"Pumpkin", Jeno says softly. "Pumpkin, look at me." Mark raises his head the slightest bit, causing Jeno to coo. "You're so cute."

Mark relaxes when he feels kisses being pressed to his face, counteracting his overthinking.

"You're cute too", Mark mumbles, eyes meeting Jenos.

The two stay that way for a minute before Jeno asks, "Is there a reason we're by the stairs instead of the elevator?"

"This place has hidden charms. We'll take the elevator when we come back down. And if you want a snack or something, there's at least ten vending machines, some healthy and some unhealthy and coffee is like, everywhere."

"Long nights?" Jeno guesses.

"Yeah, it helps. I usually just have a really cold drink if I don't feel coffee, which works just as well."

Jeno nods in understanding and silently gestures for Mark to go up the stairs so he can follow him. As soon as they're on the second floor, Jeno instantly sees one of the buildings "hidden charms" and stares in awe at the graffiti art, loving how the colorful paint looks against the grey building.

Oddly enough, it reminds him of when Chenle made him color all over a piece of paper to get his feelings out. But instead of a chaotic mess, it's beautiful.

"I love it", Jeno says quietly.

Mark watches the boy for a moment, clearly being able to tell how much he likes it, but also confused. He thoroughly agrees that it's beautiful, but something about Jenos reaction makes him feel like they see two different things.

"When you're ready", Mark speaks up after a minute, "we can go to the top floor. That's where another cool thing is."

Jeno nods and continues to admire the art for a moment longer before pulling himself away from the spot and up the stairs behind Mark.

He gets confused when Mark leads him into a dark room, not bothering to turn on the light. Mark looks at him and laughs at his reaction.

"You look more confused than Jaemin did."

"Do you just make it a habit to bring people into dark rooms, Pumpkin?"

Mark rolls his eyes at his tone. "I brought you here to show you something. Look."

Mark turns on the lights by the door, causing the room to slowly light up by the colorful lights. So it's not blinding Jeno, he chooses the blue lights to keep on, just showing how the room looks when lit up.

"It's very colorful here."

"Mhm. Go stand in the middle of the room and look up."

Before even getting to the center of the room, Jeno is already looking at the ceiling. He gasps at the sight of the skylight, keeping his eyes on the sky for a moment.

He turns to Mark to say, "This place is fucking awesome."

"I know, right?" A voice says, startling him.