CHAPTER 13

When I gain back consciousness, I feel the place where I got hurt with my hand and I look at it to see blood. Whoa, I bled. I need to get home as soon as I can. I feel good enough to drive myself back home. It's 4:15 already. Derek might be getting worried.

 The highway remains empty during this time of the day so, no one noticed me. But I know I can do this. I try to encourage myself, repeating the same words as I hit the accelerator and drive as fast as I can before I pass out again.

I keep the speed constant through the ride and reach home in 10 minutes instead of 20. I park the car somewhere in the driveway, not sure where but I know I did. I push open the door and thankfully it isn't locked. "Hey, you're late--- whoa what happened, Candy?!" Derek asks in panic as he looks up at me and runs towards me. He takes my bag from me and throws it somewhere. And the next thing I know is that I pass out again just as he lifts me up and carries me somewhere.

*EDWARD'S POV*

Today's practice is going better than yesterday's, which I am really glad about. Turns out thinking about Charlotte during the practice isn't distracting but the complete opposite of that. Thinking about her made me focus on wanting to do better. She makes me want to do better. Looking at her work so hard every day makes me want to do the same and get into my favorite school. I can and will do that. I go back to where my bag is kept to drink water.

Suddenly my phone rings. It's Charlotte but how? She blocked me. Maybe she realized it was me. "Hello bab-"

 "I don't have time to explain anything, just come to the local hospital, Candy got into some accident, I am taking her there." Derek, Charlotte's friend interrupts me. And it takes me a minute to process everything he has said. 

"Okay, I will come right now." I say without asking any further questions.

I take everything and run towards my car but some of my team members interrupt me. "Where are you going?" My best friend Carlos asks me. "I need to go. You continue and control rest of the practice." I say without expanding further and leave without waiting for a reply. I start my car and drive with the speed of 120 km/hour. It should take 20 minutes for me to reach her with this speed.

Every second I've spend with her starts relaying through my mind like a movie. Her smart mouth, her curves, her anger, her kisses, the kisses, me taking her V-card, everything. This can't be the end of whatever we are. I want more for the first time and I won't settle till i get what I want. I always get what i want and i won't give up this time.

I can't wait to get there and meet her. I just hope she's fine. I want her to be fine. There are so many things I wanna ask her and I am pretty sure she also has a lot of questions to ask me and I would happily answer them, I just want her to be fine. I don't think I am ready for a relationship or commitment, which is what she probably wants but I want her in my life, somehow, it would be fine even if I have her as my enemy.

I reach the hospital in exactly 20 minutes. I park the car in the parking lot and head, straight inside, to the reception. "I am here for Charlotte Jones. What room is she in?" I ask the old blonde lady who is at the reception. 

"She is in room 202, just down the hall." She says gesturing towards the lobby. "Okay, thank you." I reach her room and push open the door without knocking. Inside, Derek is sitting beside her bed on a stool holding her hand.

He looks at me and nods. He gently takes back his hand and comes to me. "She lost some blood as she hurt her head but she will be very fine in a few days." I hear his words and relief floods through my body as I let out a deep breath, i didn't realize i was holding. I am at loss of words due to the sudden happenings so I just nod at him. "Though she is not conscious yet, I will leave you both alone." He pats on my shoulder before leaving.