CHAPTER 12

I am overwhelmed by what Edward did and I still can't get my fire to die. But I have to control myself somehow as I have a class to get to, which is a practical class so I need full concentration or I might fail. I couldn't meet Ollie today as we didn't have a common break so I will have to wait till the school ends to tell her about today. I check my phone to see a text from Derek which he sent a couple of hours ago.

'Thank you, Candy. I will have the breakfast, for sure!'

'Hope you liked it.' I send my reply and he starts to type just in few seconds. He might be bored at home alone. He might be scrolling through instagram, which is why he replied so soon. I and Derek exchanged numbers yesterday as he changed his when he moved to London.

'Yeah, of course I did.'

I smile at his text, 'Glad you liked it.'

'Yeah, now go before you miss your class.'

'Oh yes, thank you. Edward already caused me to be late to one class. I can't afford being late again.'

'Now, you are just teasing me.'

'I am gonna laugh at that too because of some TMI reasons.'

'Come back home and we'll continue this.'

'Yeah sure.' I smile at our banter as I turn my phone silent and head to my class with my lab coat on.

I enter and see the last person I would want to see, Amelia Grant, the classic bitch. She looks at me and rolls her eyes. Oh, so i am guessing she knows about me and Edward. Good. She should. "What are you doing here?" She asks looking disgustingly at me as I pass by her. 

"I am in this class and you would have known that if you weren't so self centered." I say as I act calmingly.

"Well, unlike you I have a figure and an attitude that makes me believe in self love, which is not equal to being self centered." Okay, that is it. She body shamed me and I won't stand that. Now, everyone is watching our show as I stride towards her.

 "Well, I don't need to be slim to love myself. Also I know that at least my boobs and lips aren't fake and are very real unlike yours." At this there are oohs and whoas filling the room. I head to my compartment as she just looks at me with her jaw dropped. Well, truth hurts bitch.

Well done Charlotte. I say to myself as pride fills my chest. That should teach her a thing or two. She might think I am innocent and all as I don't speak much but when it comes to body shaming, I can't and won't control it. I don't think she knows about me and Edward sleeping together because if she did she would totally use it as a weapon saying 'He is only using you' and all kinds pf shit. I think she is just jealous of me and Edward hanging out. Well, it will be fun when she finds out about me and Edward sleeping together.

I could totally use that as a weapon but I want to keep it low-profile until and unless Edward is ready to make it a thing and not just hook ups. I wonder if he will ever be ready to make it a thing. I think he is the type of guy who would be afraid of commitment. I think I also have commitment issues at start but when I get attached to someone, in any way, I confide in them in every way I can and want them to do the same. I won't let anyone come between me and that person. I am the possessive type when it comes to the people I trust and love. And I hope to find someone just like that.

The class ends in about another half an hour and I am done with the day already. My mood was very good till this very lecture, but the drama with Amelia fucked my mind up. Speak of the devil and she doth appear, I think to myself as Amelia passes by me giving the same disgusted look. "Don't be jealous, baby. Happens with everyone." I say winking at her. I walk away without waiting for a reply from her. That felt good.

The long, long school day finally comes to an end after my biology class. In it me and Edward were sitting very far from each other as no other places were empty. There were few times where we smiled at each other and shared few glances. We couldn't talk even after the class ended as the teacher had some work for me. So, I came 20 minutes late and Edward might have left for his soccer practice as they have some important match in couple of months, I guess. We will have to just meet at my place today, where I will definitely ask him for his number.

I head out to the parking lot to look for Ollie and I see her very soon, but not in a decent way. Ollie and Troye are making out against her car but I am not afraid to interrupt them as I am really getting late. I go over to them and fake a cough but they don't seem to notice. I tap Ollie on the shoulder and they finally pull apart.

"Yeah what's the hurry, girl?" Ollie asks laughing.

 "Well, I have a bored Derek to get to and a hot Edward to tutor in a couple of hours so, we need to leave ASAP." Ollie shrugs at my answer and looks expectantly at me and then at Troye.

 "Your friend can take home your car and we can go to mine in my car. I will drop you back home after having some fun." Troye suggests in his deep voice and Ollie's face lights up like the fourth of July.

Troye is kind of intimidating with all the tattoos and his tall figure. He has black hair with shades of brown splattered between the black. He is good looking but definitely not my type and totally Ollie's type.

"Are you okay with that, Charlotte?" Ollie asks looking at me with the puppy dog eyes. "Yeah of course I am okay with that. You guys enjoy your uhh....whatever." Ollie winks at me as she throws the car keys at me to catch. I catch the keys with my right hand and get in the driver seat. I start the car and get out of the parking lot slowly because I am inexperienced in driving out of a driveway or a lot. I can drive well on the road.

I have to take the long route as the route we normally take is blocked due to the storm. It will take 45 minutes for me to reach back home. That ought to be exhausting but I have no other option so let's go.

I connect my phone to the car's bluetooth and start some songs. 'Ritual' by Rita Ora starts playing and it totally reminds me of Edward. And it seems like nowadays everything reminds me of him. My addiction to him is getting way so much that it scares me. It's just been a week and I am already this addicted to him. Lord, save me. I need some self control, for sure or I might lose it, completely.

I am enjoying the silent car ride as there's no traffic too; just me, my thoughts and the songs. This ride might not have been such a bad idea as this is helping me get away from all the things happening right now. Even though I am very glad about everything that's been happening but it's also kind of exhausting so this feels nice. The doubt I had concerning my feelings about Derek is totally cleared.

I have never thought of him as anything more than my best friend and also I never will even in the future. I am so sure about this because Derek makes me feel good but not in a way that Edward does. Derek makes me feel loved, sensible, undefeatable and strong but Edward makes me feel warm, safe, insane but the good type, hopeful and like I have lost my mind but somehow it all makes sense. And I have never ever felt this way for anyone else till Edward came along.

As much I like this feeling, I am also afraid because I know this is not something that will last and when it ends, it will end up tearing me apart and I am very certain about that because I know relationships are not Edward's forte. Well, I will enjoy it while it will lasts. I hope it only lasts long enough for me to recover from if it won't be something real.

I can't wait to ask Edward what are we but it's too soon, yet. I will have to wait few days or weeks. I can't wait to fire him with all the questions that have been haunting me. I want to know everything there is to know about him. My patience level is really low and it's hard to keep calm now. But I have to for the sake of both of us. I can do this.

I reach the highway meaning I only have to drive about 20 minutes more. It's 3:40 already, so I won't have much time to rest as I have shit loads of homework including the ones of last week which I couldn't complete. Then Edward will arrive. I just know today will be very exhausting.

As I am driving peacefully, suddenly I feel something hit Ollie's car from behind and I am thrown forward even with the seat belt on and my head hits the dashboard really hard. Whoever hit me drives away and I am very dizzy and not in the state to see who is it. All I can make out is that it was a white car. I feel like I am gonna pass out soon. I don't even have enough strength to call or text anyone for help. Before I can look around for anyone to help me, my eyes close unwillingly.